Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Going to do a bit of fondling!

Old 02-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Going to do a bit of fondling!

Finally after being down here in FL for over a month working my butt off at the new house trimming hedges, painting, moving furniture, hanging new light fixtures, etc. I am finally going to get to fondle some firearms. There is a gun show about 10 miles away this weekend. I will be there looking for something that tickles my fancy.
I'd like to get me a .54 roundball shooter, flintlock. But who knows what I might bring home. I told my wife not to be surprised if I do.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Sometimes for reasons of sanity, you just have to go and jump that fence. Hope you find a nice rifle.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

May the gods of muzzleloading smile upon you, and you score a good one.

I hope the shows down there have more variety than do the shows around here. For the last few years it's been nothing but black rifles and handguns. I very rarely see a front stuffer at a gun show these days. And those tables full of old and new parts like sights, triggers, hammers, locks, buttplates and such are long gone.
Old 02-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane
I hope the shows down there have more variety than do the shows around here. For the last few years it's been nothing but black rifles and handguns. I very rarely see a front stuffer at a gun show these days. And those tables full of old and new parts like sights, triggers, hammers, locks, buttplates and such are long gone.
Well, here's a little scenario for your reading pleasure...

Bronko moseys around the show for awhile and doesn't find anything that catches his fancy. He notices an older gent leaning over a table with a dozen or so guns laid out and walks up. He takes a brief look and the old feller has some quality rifles, Savage 99's, Winchester pre-64 lever rifles, some earlier Remington 760's etc. etc.. They strike up a conversation...

Bronko says, "I was hoping to see some sidelock muzzleloading rifles here today, but it seems like no ones interested in them anymore, nobody here has anything". The old fella says, "Yea, everyone want's those dang AR's these days, it's gettin hard for me to sell a nice old rifle like what I've got....Just what kinda sidelock are you lookin' for"?

Bronko replies, "Well, I've been lookin' for a decent flintlock rifle in very good to excellent condition". The old fella kinda stepped back and his eyes brightened as he exclaimed, "Friend, this is your lucky day!... I just happen to have one I took in with some other rifles I bought from a recently widowed woman who called me about buying her late husband's collection. I'll show it to you if you'd like".

Bronko says... "Certainly! I'd love to take a look!" The old fella says "I'll be right back it's out in my truck". He comes back a few minutes later with a box under his arm and sets it on the table. He tells Bronko that he's had it for better part of a year and he quit laying it out because no one was interested when he did, and rather than taking up table space, he would only show it upon request. He lays the box on the table and tells Bronko, "Well, here she is. It's a NIB Thompson Center Renegade .54 flintlock with all the factory accoutrements... ball mold, bullet starter, powder measure, pan primer, etc., etc."

Bronko's eye's pop out and then the old fella says, "I've been asking $200 for it but nobody wants it, the widow I got it from found it on a shelf in a closet and said, You might as well take this with the other guns you bought, I don't need it." He then tells Bronko, "I've tried to sell it and haven't had any takers." And then he looks Bronko square in the eye and says, "Tell you what friend, I'm gettin' tired of totin' this around. I'm gonna pack up here in about a half hour so if you want it, you can have it now for $100!"

Well... Ol' Bronko started to feel the room spin and things got fuzzy and he fainted. The in-house medic snapped a capsule of smelling salts under his nose and he immediately sat up and shouted, "WHERE'S THE MUZZY? WHERE'S THE MUZZY?" But, sadly enough, as Bronko regained his conciseness and his vision began to clear, he saw a young gentleman with the box secured under one arm while handing cash over to the old fella and then shaking his hand.

Later that night, Bronko's wife couldn't understand why he awoke several times through the night shouting, "WHERE'S THE MUZZY? WHERE'S THE MUZZY?...

LOL!! Hope you all enjoyed this little poke at our good friend Bronko!

Clem,

Seriously... I hope it works out exactly as I presented without the unhappy ending, I hope you find a good one my friend, and I hope at a darn good price!

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 02-07-2015 at 01:48 PM.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:33 AM
Boone & Crockett

>BPS - A Renegade? As long as you were fantasizing about me you could have made it a custom ML with a 42" barrel and full length curly maple stock, double triggers and L&R lock!
Old 02-06-2015, 05:10 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Semisane

That,s what I have noticed too.Plus you seen tons of those ugly old Yugo and other countries old military wooden stocked junk.
Old 02-06-2015, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
>BPS - A Renegade? As long as you were fantasizing about me you could have made it a custom ML with a 42" barrel and full length curly maple stock, double triggers and L&R lock!
Sorry bronko...

I was trying to spin a little yarn with a "realistic" touch, not write a dang fairy tale!...

BPS
Old 02-06-2015, 08:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was going to do some fondling too, but she had a headache.
Old 02-06-2015, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I was going to do some fondling too, but she had a headache.
HMMMM.... I didn't realize inflatables were capable of a headache!

BPS
Old 02-06-2015, 04:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

You should know.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.