Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

took my tc hawken 54 out to the shoot

Old 10-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

DANGIT Striper. Every time I see pictures like that I turn green. Wish we had activities like that in my area. The only thing around here are a couple of Civil War reenactment companies, and that's not my thing.

I'm in your camp with respect to those TC V-sights. They just don't work for me.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stripercrazy...

It looks like you're having a good time regardless of your shootin' ability... that's all that really matters brother! Did you ever put that .56 smoothbore barrel and mold I sold you to good use?...

BPS
Old 10-06-2014, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

bps, yes the mold keep us supplied with .550 balls, I shoot the barrel I got off ya and switch it every time with the other 56 smoothbore barrel I got, I had another renegade 56sb renagade that a friend begged me to sell him, he was shooting the mountain man shoots with us, he's like 21 years old and likes sidelocks ,he loves the fact its a smoothbore and does well shooting it, I told him I got it for 150.00 and he said I want it lol.....the wood renegade stock, I got off ya I'm collecting parts to build it up...I'm putting them to good use
Old 10-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Typical Buck

i think I'm going to buy some of the clothes and learn how to start fires and throw my tomahawk better, shooting these events have really helped me with shooting the guns getting ready, what to do if it misfires, how to keep it clean and shooting for 15-20 shots with out problems...over the last couple years I've got to know everyone, there some of the nicest, and kindest people. sunday my buddy's kid Kenneth who's 14 wants a new gun and someone was selling a tc 50 cal hawken flintlock for 250.00 so i tell him that's a great deal you can't beat that price so he buys it, hes happy as can be.......we have a raffle and the end of the event for a dave pedersoli muzzleloader, like a trade gun....one of the older guys wins it and hands it to Kenneth and ask if he'll put it to good use...he said yes sir and you should have seen the grin, i truly enjoy these shoots and the people that go.