Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Brand Bashing

Old 07-12-2014, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Default Brand Bashing

More than 1 member complained about a brand bashing topic (Now I remember) and that topic has been removed (see rules # 3 & 16). Any future brand bashing topics will also be removed and result in time-outs (temporary bans) for offending member(s). As always, if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

CalHunter
Old 07-12-2014, 12:42 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by CalHunter
More than 1 member complained about a brand bashing topic (Now I remember) and that topic has been removed (see rules # 3 & 16). Any future brand bashing topics will also be removed and result in time-outs (temporary bans) for offending member(s). As always, if you have any questions, shoot me a PM.

CalHunter
Then you will have to ban me permanently before I quit speaking the truth just because it might offend some one. I shared my actual experience ,so I don't consider that brand bashing . It's exactly the way it was. Funny how some can say what they want and it's their opinion others get accused of brand bashing .whatever . My CVA was a tomato stick as someone I talked to about the problem referred to it as. I think they were right .

CVA fanboys are cry babies I guess

Last edited by 1874sharpsshooter; 07-12-2014 at 12:44 PM.

Old 07-12-2014, 12:57 PM
Banned

Ban me too.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by cvaisjunk
Ban me too.
Your name alone should get you banned.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:50 PM
Super Moderator

Gentlemen, both of your requests have been honored.

CalHunter
Old 07-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

Aw CalHunter, you're going to take all of the fun out of the forum.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator

Perhaps do some scouting for deer season, go varmint hunting, enjoy some extra time in the summer???

Your post was quite funny and quick too.

Seriously though, they both have a 1-week timeout (temp ban). Complaining that somebody else violates the rules isn't a very good excuse for violating rules. Telling a mod to ban you probably isn't wise either, kind of like spitting, etc. into the wind.

HNI rules allow somebody to post/discuss legitimate issues/problems they have had with a particular piece of equipment but they don't allow a member (or mod for that matter) to directly bash a brand or manufacturer. We obviously allow some leeway or gray area but there are practical limits to that. Bashing a brand in one's user name is likely not going to last although that's perhaps an admin question.

HNI is pretty tolerant of members brushing up against the rules in the forums but in the end, they are a business which needs to show all businesses that they aren't going to foster some anti-business/company atmosphere. Even the businesses that aren't being bashed are going to think twice about being involved business-wise with a company that allows that sort of behavior.

One of the temp banned members has been around for a long time and after reading a lot of his posts, I have no doubt that he is capable of (although perhaps not willing to) post his legitimate opinion while abiding by the rules. The other member is newer and has minimal posts. His posts look intelligent but I usually like to read more than 9 posts to form a more permanent opinion about a member.

Cheers and good hunting Semi.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Dagnabbit CalHunter. I'm confused enough without your logical, thought out, and well written replies. Now, where did I put that bottle of Scotch? I'm not waiting `til sundown.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Single malt?? Good taste. Myself, I'm gonna take the wife and kiddos to see the new Transformers movie. Not sure how it's going to turn out/mesh with dinosaurs but they've got almost 3 hours to make it work on the big screen.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:33 PM
mountaineer magic

Got rid of that riff raff for awhile
Right semi .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.