Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Ft. Sill M/L Season Opens Tomorrow

Old 10-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Ft. Sill M/L Season Opens Tomorrow

The first week is conventional muzzleloader only. No scopes or sabots allowed. They added something new this year: No fire sights allowed. Painted mine black.

Will hunt with my TC New .50 Englander using patched round ball and 80 grains of 3F Pinnacle.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck falcon. That load should do the job. How many hunters do they generally have for that hunt?
Old 10-11-2013, 05:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck falcon. That load should do the job. How many hunters do they generally have for that hunt?
Thanks, Semisane

There were about 40 hunters today. In years past there were over 200. Then the first week of the two week season became conventional muzzleloaders only. Inline hunters were killing too many deer and it was impacting on the length of the regular deer season.

i was last to draw but it made no difference; still got my favorite area on Quanah Parker range. i've killed over 20 deer there since 2000. Few wish to hunt that particular area because of the bad roads and some difficult terrain.