Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Ultra-Lite in the Rock Pit

Old 09-06-2013, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Knight Ultra-Lite in the Rock Pit

This really could be tagged a non-sense post as I really wasn't doing anything - it was just a cooler day and I wanted to go shoot with no real purpose other enjoyment.

I started out head to the farm to shoot but when I got the there the darn farmer had park his harvest equipment right down the middle of the now stubble field that I shoot in... Plan 2 - I headed to the Rock Pit which is much further out of town and by the time I got there it was warming quickly...

But, what the heck I am here. So I set everything up and walked a set of birds to the other end of the Rock Pit. But before I shot the ML I really wanted to shoot another one of my new acquisitions. A month or so ago I purchase a Sig Sauer 40 S&W P226. I had a 9 S&W M&P that I traded for it + a hunk of change, but I really do like the feel and build of the Sig. It also came with a 357 Sig barrel, which at the time really did not impress me at all. But since then I looked at the ballistics of the 357 Sig and will switch to that barrel as soon as I shoot the bulk of the 40's that I have. My ability to shoot a pistol needs a lot of work - so I will skip the results of that. But I am getting better

After shooting the Sig - I loaded up the Ulite and started on the birds. I often remember Dave talking about how boring shooting some of his really good rifles is, well today with no real testing in mind just shooting it was one of those days - load and shoot - no real challenge at all. Seems almost like a waste of powder and bullets... But still I feel better... Hunting season is coming - now if the weather would just cooperate.

Here are some pics of the outing....

Going elk scouting next week hope to have some pictures to share of that also...

Hope everybody had a good day....
Old 09-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Typical Buck

great shooting whats a bird 3 or 4 inches....dead elk that's for sure
Old 09-07-2013, 11:09 AM
1874sharpsshooter

You gotta love a gun that is so accurate and consistent that its boring to shoot. My favorite kind of gun .

Old 09-07-2013, 01:31 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
You gotta love a gun that is so accurate and consistent that its boring to shoot. My favorite kind of gun .
It certainly gives you a lot of confidence in knowing that it will do what you need...