Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

was Two weeks. Now its over

Old 10-13-2013, 06:29 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by sdhunter11
Here is the update chet. Dad and I left for rifle antelope on Wednesday and hunted a little in the afternoon. Seen a decent amount of bucks but nothing we wanted to pull the trigger on. Thursday morning we put a stalk on a dandy buck that was hanging with three does but it didn't quite pan out. A few miles down the road later we found a decent buck bedded all by his lonesome at the bottom of a hill. Dad decided he was worth it so we put a stalk on him and dad shot him at about 300 yards. Ten yard trot and he fell over. Later that afternoon I found another buck bedded by himself again at the bottom of a hill. I stalked over the hill on him and he seen me and got very curious. he decided to let his curiosity get the best of him as he walked up on the very top of the hill to get a better vantage point on me. My shot was about 120 yards. I don't think he even heard the shot. He crumbled as soon as I touched the trigger. Here are the pics. I was so caught up in the moment that I forgot to tuck the tongues back in. Next time I will remember lol.

Those are both very nice . Congrats to you on an excellent hunt and some beautiful goats. I'm glad you were so successful .