Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Bog Tripods

Old 07-24-2013, 07:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Adirondack, I used an old camera tripod to make a very servicable shooting rest. Paid something like $5 for it at one of the thrift stores (GoodWill or Salvation Army, don't recall which).

See it in the Reference section, here: http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...ting-rest.html
Old 07-25-2013, 11:31 AM
Spike

Thanks, guys, for the input. I took a ride to bass pro and put my hands on both the Vanguard tripods/bipods as well as the BOG tripods/bipods. In my opinion, they are very similar in quality. My only "must have" feature now that I have held both in my hands is the lever-lock adjustment mechanism rather than the twist. There is no comparison in the ease of adjustment – the lever-locks are far better.
Old 07-30-2013, 11:27 AM
Fork Horn

I have used Bog Pod's tripod for the last 3 years in my ground blind in Texas. Very easy to use, light and very sturdy. I noticed that Primos has just modified it's trigger stick tripod, and made it lighter. I haven't seen it yet, but the reviews have all been positive.
Old 08-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Spike

Really impressed with the Vanguard T62 3 in 1. Only thing I would suggest would be to include a case of some sort with it. My wife has graciously agreed to make one. Sorry about the crummy pic.