Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I am done with this forum.

Old 12-17-2012, 11:41 AM
Fork Horn

Default I am done with this forum.

ALCON,
I will no longer be on this post as I have some major differences in opinion. Thanks to all the entertaining stories and good info. Below is the reasons why I chose to leave...

JW

I disagree with your decision to move this topic to a political post. Sabot loader’s remarks stated that it was political. There is no religious content either. This topic if you read the post appropriately is addressing gun control which would be appropriate to post on the forum. Now you may be the moderator and make the decision to move it to another forum but Semi is right on target and it only goes to show that Americans have no clue and will do what a few may want. I think you’re absolutely wrong and you may ban me from the forum as I no longer feel the need to be a part of something that refuses to uphold the right to discuss a very pertinent topic.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think you're more on the wrong side than on the right side on this one SlowBurn, and would hate to see you leave because of my post. I hope you reconsider.

It's my fault really. The post really did belong in the Politics forum, and I started to put it there originally. I ended up putting it here because of "us guys". And I never really mind when one of us guys goes off topic a bit.

But JW is right. Politics can always be a bit touchy and such topics are better off in the right forum. I do consider my post a political one because I attacked the President and liberals in general. However, I do not consider it "religious". The issue of killing unborn babies is not a matter of religion, but a matter of social justice and conscience.

Last edited by Semisane; 12-17-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:36 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Okay I am going to lock this psot - you want to discuss this issue of it being locked get to me via Private Message (PM)

And since Slow Burn aired this publicly - I am going to give you MY reply back to him verbatum.

And let me be clear. I stand behind our 2nd Ammendment rights. But my oipinion does nto matter here. I am a Moderator who should stay neutral and I try to.

But before I do - Let me clear one thing up.
Guys read Please - Semi's post had no/ has no Religious over tones at all let's clear that up. I stated that any Religious and or Political issues/topics posted on the Black Powder Forum will be moved - pronto!!!

This I tried to state above. many of you have posted "Off Topic" and I left them alone. These two topics I will not

My response back to Slow Burn and my response to all of you.

Not a problem SB - is a hot topic but the Forum is
Black Powder
"Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting".

No where is the above description does it mention Political or Religious Policies. It is a forum to exchange knowledge on the use of the Black Powder firearms.
No more no less.

Thanks for the feed back.

Dave....JW

Now back to this thread on this posted topic of leaving

I did delete a few early threads posted here. They are not needed. All I can say is Boys stop flaming each other.

As I found out long ago. I am not here as a Moderator to win friends - not at all - don't really care, HOWEVER I will surely help where I can, if I can.

Don't like that I moved that topic - okay - that is your right.
Hunting net .com is not a Democarcy. You do have a say but when you joined here you agreed to the HNI Policy.
Link
http://www.huntingnet.com/staticpage...il.aspx?id=291

You asked me, I sent you a reply as to why. Is it a hot topic - U betcha hands down! It already started a bit of Uggg - Flaming!!!

Sooo with that being said I will go back to my corner. Merry Christmas Boys! I won't tell Santa a thing about this.

Dave.......JW

Last edited by JW; 12-17-2012 at 02:47 PM.