Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

knight disc

Old 11-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default knight disc

Does the western conversion work on the older knight discs? just got a nice s/s one 26inch barrel.what can you tell me about them?
Old 11-01-2012, 12:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by deepcreek
Does the western conversion work on the older knight discs? just got a nice s/s one 26inch barrel.what can you tell me about them?
The Western Conversion was orginally designed for the the Knight DISC, so yes it should work with any DISC other than the Mountaineer series.

As with any Knight there is always a possibility that the breech plug seat may be drilled with a greater or lesser depth than other which can effect the fit of the Western Kit. But, it should be an easy fix to get the proper fit of the Western Breech Plug.

These pictures may help show the Western Kit...

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-01-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-01-2012, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks Sabotloader this is a nice gun cant wait to play with it. I have three whites but im a sucker for a good deal ,and a nice gun!!!
Old 11-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by deepcreek
Thanks Sabotloader this is a nice gun cant wait to play with it. I have three whites but im a sucker for a good deal ,and a nice gun!!!

If/when you get you Western Kit - if it does not work correctly let me know and I can share a couple of thoughts with you...

One other thing with a Western Kit it is really important that you assemble the bolt correctly so the firing pin can reach the cap....
Old 11-01-2012, 05:10 PM
Spike

Deepcreek, a little bit of additional info on the conversion kit is that if your Original Disc rifle has a blued bolt handle then the new bolt handle will need to be slightly modified for proper fit. You may want to call Knight (866.518.4181) and inquire about having the new bolt modified prior to it shipping so you dont have to mess with it. Then all will work great.