Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Question on Williams sight

Old 10-28-2012, 06:19 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Question on Williams sight

Guys I haven't been having any luck getting another T/C 4194 peep sight for my Hawken flinter but I can get a Williams GPRS sight for it. Now I know the GM barrels have Williams sights and are only held in place with one screw. But I don't really want to put the peep that far forward. My question is, for those that have this sight: Is the screw size the same for the hole on top of the barrel at the breech area the same thread as the rear. If so, that is where I would like to mount the sight? Anyone know for sure?
Old 10-28-2012, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

bronko
I have 2 williams peeps, the one pictured is'nt on a Mler but on my 1953 Marlin Model 39A .22 I mounted it on there because I did'nt have to drill new holes in this beauty. From what I know williams makes there peepes so they will fit your model gun without having to drill new holes and will fit the screws on them.
(BP)
Someone correct me if Im wrong
Attached Thumbnails Question on Williams sight-dsc01516.jpg  
Old 10-30-2012, 10:23 AM
Fork Horn

New manufactured Williams sights (rear bases and ramps) attached with a #6-48 screw, which is what same as a T/C Hawken according to my Track of the Wolf catalogue.