Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can We Say Hurricane!!!!!

Old 10-30-2012, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

Looking at the news and Weather Channel, those of you on the East Coast really got slammed. Or at least that is how it is being portrayed. They showed streets in NJ that were flooded, like a river, but the lights were still on inside the buildings.. Strange.

I sure hope none of you got damaged and I hope you're in good health and spirit. And maybe have a good supply of spirits as well. A storm like that might make me even take a drink (but I doubt it).

Keep us posted.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cayugad
They showed streets in NJ that were flooded, like a river, but the lights were still on inside the buildings.. Strange.
Dave, some of those places have the power lines buried. I wish all lines were under ground. I am about to do a walk around my house to check for damage.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

In Northern VA, we made it ok. Lost power for about four hours and lots of debris. Spent the night in the basement with the kids. All in all, not too bad. Looks like NYC got really slammed with power outages.

It's amazing, you lose power for a few hours and it seems like living in dark ages. What wimps we are!