Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Can We Say Hurricane!!!!!

Old 10-27-2012, 04:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

If it makes you feel better, I'm sitting at home because my hunting partner and I headed home after being on my farms in eastern NC since Tuesday...We left a day early because of the high winds...

But, you could wear shorts all week...Three of us saw a total of 5 deer in 3 1/2 days of hunting...This weather needs to cool down...Thankfully we have another trip planned for Nov 15th...
Old 10-27-2012, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

It looks like I may have a lot of wind and some rain, but the major portion of the hurricane looks to be headed north. I think the NY, NJ, and DE will get the most of it.

As to the weather after the hurricane, it looks like a major dip in temps. Now this should be a good thin for me. Hopefully I can get into the woods on wednesday!!!
Old 10-28-2012, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm just hoping we don't get a couple feet of snow out of it, like they are saying could possibly happen. Should make for good hunting next weekend after all this is gone, and M/L season opens
Old 10-28-2012, 07:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Our Bow Season started on Oct 1st this year, I have'nt bow hunted once yet. I finally got everything ready for winter around here, wood shed full ect... I did'nt want to burn out my stands and was waiting for the RUT befor I went hunting. But after the driest summer on record it seems like all it's doing here now is Rain!
This Hurricane is suppos-to hit us here in NY on Monday night, but for the last few days we've been getting the other storm that's comming from out west, the rain wont stop. My yard has standing water in it where it never does. On top of that the hurricane is suppos-to hit our area with 3-6 inches of rain and high winds right at the time our Rut starts to kick in, this is just great!
To all those in the path of this Hurricane I wish you's all the best!
(BP)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't think I can remember this much rain constantly coming down. The tides are what kill us here in teh lowlands of Virginia. I live in the Tidewater area on the Chesapeake Bay. I know we are used to it, but it is still un-nerving to watch that water rise across the street from my house. It came a little close during Isabelle, but we came through alright. The house across the street got flooded though.

I am getting cabin fever just sitting here. Think I will go into my outdoor reloading shed and make some cartridges. Should be over tomorrow night, hopefully!!!
Old 10-29-2012, 08:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

I feel for you rafsob. I know all about cabin fever and hurricanes. We had three days of constant rain during Isaac with a total close to 16 inches. Stay safe and I dearly hope your home stays dry. Floodwater is a miserable thing.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks to everyone out there. We are doing good, but getting soggy to say the least. We are worried about the high winds forecasted for this evening. With the ground saturated, the trees will get blown down for sure. Got my generator ready and that is all I can do for now. My real concern is for my family up in NY, NJ, and PA!!! They will get the full force of this monster.

They just raised it to a cat 2. That is not good. God Bless all
Old 10-30-2012, 04:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well our end of NYS pulled through the storm pretty good, just lots of rain and wind with minor damage, not like Breezy Point in NYC.
How everyone is well and ok in those area's My Prayers and Thoughts are with you all.
(BP)
Old 10-30-2012, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thumbs up

I don't think I have ever experienced this much constant rain in my life! It is still raining here but the wind is down to a breeze. Hopefully I can get my rig packed and on the road to hunt camp. This has been crazy storm. So much damage!

Just thank God, it could have been worse.
Old 10-30-2012, 05:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rafsob
I don't think I have ever experienced this much constant rain in my life! It is still raining here but the wind is down to a breeze. Hopefully I can get my rig packed and on the road to hunt camp. This has been crazy storm. So much damage!

Just thank God, it could have been worse.
The main part of the storm has'nt hit us yet, we'll get it later today, and yes the rain is unbelieveable.
Hope you get out to camp and be safe rafsob!
(BP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.