Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Mountaineer bolt

Old 10-22-2012, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

Default Mountaineer bolt

Thinking of switching from the NFPJ to a FPJ. Does anyone know where to get and how much a replacement bolt and plug I am guessing would cost? I am soo tired of fighting loading the primer in the nose of the bolt. not sure if it is just my fat little nubs or? but i fight that and closing and opening my bolt.

I called Knight and the girl that answered had know clue and was supposed to ask and call back. Thats been about 5 hours ago.

I was trying to sell the bare primer gun I have now and just buy a new FPJ model but, that is not working out. couple of really low offer but I would give it to a friend before accepting the offer.

Or does anyone have a FPJ bolt that they wished had bought the bare primer model? Maybe a trade of the bolt?

I guess my last option is, does anyone know where a good place or at least cheaper than Knight place to buy a new one? Maybe I will just give the one I have now to my buddy/brother....
Old 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Gee, i just pin the primer to the face of the bolt with my trigger finger, and slide it.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Thinking of switching from the NFPJ to a FPJ. Does anyone know where to get and how much a replacement bolt and plug I am guessing would cost? I am soo tired of fighting loading the primer in the nose of the bolt. not sure if it is just my fat little nubs or? but i fight that and closing and opening my bolt.

I called Knight and the girl that answered had know clue and was supposed to ask and call back. Thats been about 5 hours ago.

I was trying to sell the bare primer gun I have now and just buy a new FPJ model but, that is not working out. couple of really low offer but I would give it to a friend before accepting the offer.

Or does anyone have a FPJ bolt that they wished had bought the bare primer model? Maybe a trade of the bolt?

I guess my last option is, does anyone know where a good place or at least cheaper than Knight place to buy a new one? Maybe I will just give the one I have now to my buddy/brother....
Boone - I am not ignoring you... just have not found the information yet... I can not find anyone that handles the Mountaineer FJP assembly... I was going to call Knight next also... If you can call around 10 am tennessee time you might get Robin and she is good at getting information...

I am pretty sure you use the regular DISC bolt but you have to have a different Breech plug.

I believe this is the plug you are after....

http://www.knightrifles.com/breech-plug-M900018/

Off of this page...

http://www.knightrifles.com/breech-plugs/

I am not totally positive about the DISC bolt - but pretty sure...

Oh the Original plug arrived today...
Old 10-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks SL, I didn't think you were ignoring me just figured you was busy. The girl I did talk to today said she thought I would just need a different BP. That would be nice but really not thinking that will work.

The USPS must be moving, he didn't mail it till Friday....

Thanks for everything.

Ron, I think part of my problem is I have nerve damage in my neck and it causes me fine motor skill problems with my hands. This is one of those things that I fight to the point of cursing, every time I have to put a primer on.

Last edited by Boonechaser; 10-22-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Got ahold of Robin this morning and she answered everything for me. If anyone else is interested you have to change out the bolt nose/handle part# M000691A for $60 and the BP part# M000611Z for $22.50. Then you could choose witch design you like best.