Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Renegade range report

Old 10-20-2012, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default TC Renegade range report

This is one of my favorite rifles. I normally shoot PRB's and 70 gr of T7 ffg. So I decided today to try some Pyrodex RS and start at 70 gr and shoot the XTP 240 gr and supplied sabot. I have done nothing to this rifle other than shoot it and hunt with it. It still has the original sights so precision is difficult with the big thick blade sight. My range finder said I was shooting at 26 yds. 3 different times so it must be 26 yds. The first shot went 1/2" left and low, not bad the second shot clipped the center. The 3rd shot I don’t know, maybe it was me. It went 1" high and right. It may have some potential. I never really tinkered with the loads for this rifle. It appears that the PRB and the 70 gr of T7 has got this group beat, but I will play around with it later on and see what I can do with it. I love the recoil though; it is similar to a .223. The weather had warmed up a little bit by the time I decided to shot this rifle. It was 60*F, 88% humidity with the wind WSW @ 6 mph left to right on the range. Overall I am satisfied and had a blast shooting and cleaning. I did swab with Windex patches between shots. Now that I have my range purdy much done I can shoot more often.
Attached Thumbnails TC Renegade range report-img_0001.pdf  
Old 10-20-2012, 06:30 PM
Dominant Buck

These renegades are good shooters. And I have shot sabots out of mine with good results. You did some real good shooting there.