Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Way Way off topic not even worth looking at

Old 08-28-2012, 10:09 AM
Typical Buck

lol. some of those do look a little fun!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

If I remember right, that board skiing started in La. Am I right Semi???

Old 08-28-2012, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I see nothing wrong with any of those.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:26 AM
Dominant Buck

2 out of 6 not bad. Need to add them to my bucket list.

Although I involved in one just as good. (this unfortunately is not a joke even) It was -28šs below that day and a little windy. My friends and I were at the deer camp. We had a nice snug cabin back in the middle of no where. It was early in the morning when I heard a shot ring out. It was muzzleloader season in December. I finally got frozen out of the blind and decided to walk back to the cabin to warm up, get some coffee and listen to the Packer Game on the radio. I open the door of the cabin and there hanging from a ceiling rafter is a large doe. Under her a large galvanized wash tub (I am sure your mothers all had one). In the tub are the guts and blood. She's legally tagged (thank goodness) and they are skinning her hide off, drinking beer, and cheering on the Packers.

I enter with this look of total disbelief on my face seeing this sight and my friend says as nonchalantly as anything.. grab some hide and pull would you? I set my rifle down, removed my hunting coat.. and we took the hide off the deer, then quartered her and hung her outside to freeze solid. He'd shot her that morning, pulled her back to his truck with his ATV, loaded her with his ATV winch, took her to town, registered her, and decided since she was warm it would be easier to get the hide off. But it was too cold he said to do it outside... makes perfect sense to me.
Old 08-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

We used to use an old pickup hood as a sled.
Old 08-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Back when I was in high school (a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away) I had a good buddy who's family had a camp on Bayou Gauche about 40 miles S.W. of New Orleans. Felix and I practically lived at the camp during the summer, and most weekends during the school year. The camp was equipped with a few pirogues, including an ancient cypress log dugout, and a 14 ft. plywood bateau (flat bottom skiff) powered by an inboard 9 h.p. Briggs & Stratton engine.

Now there's not much in the way of surf in the bayou country. And certainly no sliding down snow covered slopes. But we knocked the legs off of my mom's old wood ironing board, drilled a hole in the front end for a rope, and tied that sucker behind the bateau for some bayou surfing. The challenge was to ride the board, standing up, from the dock at the camp to the big Live Oak a half mile down the bayou, and back, without falling off. Of course, it was the duty of the boat operator to try to throw the rider with zigs and zags. The real tricky part was the turn around at the oak.

Good times. Good memories. Damn, I need to give Felix a call.
Old 08-28-2012, 04:15 PM
Fork Horn

Reminds me of some of the crazy things I did in my teens. They were building a new Methodist church near me that had a super tall steeple that swept down in the back to create the largest sliding board known to man. We would wax up the metal roof and would fly down that steeple. My favorite stunt tho was jumping off the bridge going over the largest river in NC. I jumped once and had enough time going down to notice my mother screaming at me. Oh the good ol days.
Old 08-28-2012, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

What I want to know is how you came up with the picture of me in the hot tub on my patio/deer stand???? I see nothing wrong with any off those pictures. I have either done them or thought about doing them. Seems like alot of fun.

V/R
Mike
Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by elmoughler
We used to use an old pickup hood as a sled.
Getting pulled BEHIND an old pickup across an alfalfa field!