Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Southpaws

Old 08-11-2012, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by idahoron
Here is a seldom known fact. All babies are born right handed. WHen they commit their first sin they are turned left handed.
Ron
And you really believe that? Boy Ron I didn't think you were that gullible!
Old 08-11-2012, 09:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think I heard that from Harry Reed. Ron
Old 08-12-2012, 05:41 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by idahoron
Here is a seldom known fact. All babies are born right handed. WHen they commit their first sin they are turned left handed.
Ron
So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that all politicians are left handed.!

Old 08-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Interesting. I shoot with either hand started out lefty but switching was never a problem.
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
So if I understand you correctly, you are saying that all politicians are left handed.!
Obama is left handed .
Old 08-29-2012, 10:22 AM
Fork Horn

I am left handed and have shot left handed all my life, and pretty good with a rifle, if I do say so myself. Then about age 40, I discovered I was right eye dominant! Trying to change my shooting habits was just too much trouble. Then being extremely near-sighted and going through years of contacts and then Lasik surgery with the eye I shoot with (left) corrected for distant vision and the right eye for near vision, the die was cast. I had in mid-life taken up bow-hunting (right handed, to take advantage of the dominant eye), then after having the Lasik, when I picked up the bow, I discovered I couldn't see anything! Had to wear glasses again that season to shoot my bow. Since then, I haven't used the bow much, but continue to hunt and shoot left handed. I have a left handed Remington 700 and a left handed flintlock. My Remington 870 and Ruger 10/22, Mini-14, and Mini-30 cause no problems and most of my other rifles are standard caplocks, single shots and lever actions all of which I shoot comfortably.

Last edited by DocHunter; 08-29-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: Clarification