Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC or CVA ?

Old 08-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Spike

why not buy one of each,thats what i did and like both,but i like my new optima,great shooter and no tools cleaning.
Old 08-27-2012, 01:42 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
It seems to me you have missed the point.

There are many folks that try to purchase American whenever it is possible. The reason they do this is not so much for the quality, but just because. Right or wrong, many feel they owe it to America, to try and keep their monies as close to home as possible. Whether or not the quality of CVA is better or worse than the quality of TC, is not the issue. The fact is, more of monies one spends on a TC product stays in country than the monies spent on a CVA product. It matters not that the CVA product may be, quality wise, as good as a TC product.

Wages earned by TC employees are mostly spent on groceries, clothing, etc. right where they live, here in America. The same cannot be said for the craftsmen that make CVA rifles; their wages are spent on groceries etc. in Spain. Some folks purchasing rifles, think of these things, and want to buy American. Because they live in America, they have the freedom to do so, and they have no wish to read about your bowel movements.
I try to buy AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE American made products for the sake of America.
Old 08-28-2012, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cool

Originally Posted by earlly
Hello everyone, I have a couple of questions that I would like to hear some advice. My first question is TC or CVA? I`m getting ready to buy one of these. My next question is if the CVA, which one the New Optima 209 magnum or the Accura V2, and can you buy different barrels for either of them? I would appreciate any input. Thanks earlly
Sorry your post got hijacked pal. It seems lately that some on this forum are walking around with a weird attitude or just looking for a place to start some stuff...

Now back to your post. I stopped using TC inlines. I found that TC has this bad habit of making their barrels too tight. And in some cases, I had a problem with two rifles with tight spots in the barrels. I had to send both back and still had the same problem. TC had some good customer support, but it when down hill after S&W bought them out.

I am in the process of buying a CVA Accura Mountain Rifle. All I have read and researched comes back very positive. Jus thought I would give you the benefit of a little personal experience. good luck!!!