Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.
View Poll Results: Worst bullet
CVA Powerbelt copper series
53.33%
CVA Powerbelt pure lead series
13.33%
CVA Powerbelt Aerolite series
26.67%
CVA Powerbelt Platinum series
6.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Worst bullet poll

Old 07-31-2012, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

No vote from me either. But 2 of the other co-owners of our farm shoot the platinum powerbe]lts and they have taken both deer and black bears.
Old 07-31-2012, 03:21 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by jaybez101099
No vote from me either. But 2 of the other co-owners of our farm shoot the platinum powerbe]lts and they have taken both deer and black bears.
theres no doubt you can kill deer with them. I've killed deer with powerbelts before and with my car. I care to use neither for killing deer anymore

Old 07-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
theres no doubt you can kill deer with them. I've killed deer with powerbelts before and with my car. I care to use neither for killing deer anymore
Old 08-01-2012, 05:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

After my experence with PB', i would say they are the most expensive mistake with bullets I have ever made. I can not vote against all of them so I did not vote.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:54 AM
Dominant Buck

It is funny but the Powerbelts I have shot were some of the most accurate projectiles out of certain rifles, that I ever used in them. I have a CVA Staghorn Magnum that just flat out shoots with a Powerbelt. And I have used them hunting, its just with the depleted deer herd, I never saw anything to shoot that day. And unlike many, I unload the easy way at night. Which means I have lost one more Powerbelt.

My main complaint with them is cost. One reason I only purchase them on sale. I wait until one of the local stores has had them sitting on the display for too long, because they would not sell due to cost. They finally lower the price and I pick up some Powerbelts to shoot. I've purchased a lot of bullets this way, buying out the store. Barnes, Parker, to name a few.

Also a forum member was kind enough to send me some for my rifles, and again.. very accurate to shoot. I have saved some of the Platinum Powerbelts he sent me and I intend to give them a try this deer season. Lets hope the deer cooperate. Then I might be able to offer some in field experience on how well they preformed.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I've never used Powerbelts. If I were going to pay a buck a bullet the money would go to Barnes. However I would not hesitate to use any of the heavyweight Powerbelts (295 grains and up) on deer. How could a 300 grain .50 caliber projectile not be effective if the shot is properly placed?
Old 08-01-2012, 06:46 AM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by lemoyne
After my experence with PB', i would say they are the most expensive mistake with bullets I have ever made. I can not vote against all of them so I did not vote.
the poll was just a joke for the devil!!!
Thats why only Powerbelts were listed, and I called them CVA powerbelts for muley's benefit. But thanks goes to those who voted. I guess the results are obvious. The poll clearly shows that powerbelts are the worst bullet ever.

Old 08-01-2012, 07:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

No experience with any of them. So I voted for the Aerolites just because.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:37 AM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by 1874sharpsshooter
the poll was just a joke for the devil!!!
Thats why only Powerbelts were listed, and I called them CVA powerbelts for muley's benefit. But thanks goes to those who voted. I guess the results are obvious. The poll clearly shows that powerbelts are the worst bullet ever.

I also never voted, i have used both the all lead and the copper coated PB's at one time or another just to shoot.

I really can not say they are the 'worst' bullet because I know a lot of folks really like them and have been successful with them. I consider them nothing more that an elongated round ball and therefor probably a setup from the round ball.

I would not or do not reccomend them to the serious big game hunter, but if you are a new shooter and want to get started the PB can be the easiest thing to load in most muzzleloaders, probably leads to their popularity.
Old 08-01-2012, 07:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I do like one PB IF you can find them cheap. The 45-300gr PB Plat is very accurate out of all my 45s and it should hold up ok if not pushed too fast. Using 100gr of BH209 they fragged badly or turned into pancakes.

My biggest issue is cost compared to other premium priced options. Even the PR Ultimate1 360gr conical performed better on media and was even more accurate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.