Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

270g Deep Curl

Old 07-03-2012, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to confess, I dryballed once a couple years ago and never reported it to the "group".
Old 07-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

There's always the option to have the barrel lined. The liners aren't that expensive. Don't know what it would cost to have it done though.

How about a 1:20 twist .50 caliber? http://www.trackofthewolf.com/List/Item.aspx/638/1

This is from a post on another forum.

I epoxy the liners in the drilled out barrels and I have some that have been in for twenty (20) or more years with no sign of loosening.

Recently I have been buying my liners from T. J.'s Gateway Enterprises, 3652 Neltner Road, Alexandria, KY 41001, 859/635-5560. I have been very pleased with them. They are good shooters and he sells them by the inch so you can get whatever length that you need. A caliber and price list is available if you are interested.
And this.

Check with Bobby Hoyt on Fairfield Pa. 717-642-6696. Call after noon east coast time. He has done a number of liners for me and I have always been happy.
Old 07-03-2012, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default LOL...I will come clean on a TC.

Don't feel bad about shoot'n a ramrod. A few years back I had got lucky and drew a tag for BlueGrass Army Depot. This is a very well kept secret if you love to see huge buck deer and tons of turky. Anyway I had this little 136" buck come in to my stand. I had remembered at that point that I had snapped the metal ramrod of my TC Encore early that morning when I was loading. I shot the buck and he took a little swim in the creek. Thats when I got into trouble. I had 7 doe with 20 yds of me and I thought that I could reload quitely. Yep, I sure did. I loaded a 300 gr Hornady SST infront of 120 gr loose pyrodex P. You gotta love big loads. However, I pulled the trigger and the doe dropped in its tracks. Life was good. That is until I went to swab my barrel out and couldn't find the other half of my ram rod. So, I borrowed my buddies bore snake and hosed her down with windex and put her in the case. Oh yeah, a monster 147" walked by within 10 yds and I had a friend shoot him. I decide to clean my gun when I got home and thats when I discovered a huge ring all the way around the barrel at the forearm. its about 1/2 inch wide. So my feelings were really hurt. This is where the non-TC fans needs to stop...LOL... I called TC and explained that I was responsible and ask them to sale me a replacement. They said no they couldn't go that route and politely asked me to box up the barrel and send it to them. A week later, TC sent me a brand spank'n new 28" fluted barrel. Ya gotta love there service. So, I guess that makes me guilty but lucky plus a little more than that. Yall enjoy the reading. My meds are kicking in and I have been on a rant. Yall take care. Happy Birthday!!!!!
Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Semisane

Them liner would be a solution!