Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

taking this hunting season off this year.

Old 06-16-2012, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default taking this hunting season off this year.

I am going to simply put it these way. I have a new house and hunting licenses is not in the budget.

guess i am going to have to use the time at the range this fall

ps, if I did not cast my own boolits, i would not be able to go shooting either.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:19 PM
1874sharpsshooter

Originally Posted by corey012778
I am going to simply put it these way. I have a new house and hunting licenses is not in the budget.

guess i am going to have to use the time at the range this fall

ps, if I did not cast my own boolits, i would not be able to go shooting either.
There are a lot of ways to cut expenses or lower the budget, not purchasing hunting licenses for me will never be one of them.
I have a hard time waiting for hunting season to get here. To think about not hunting would be more than I could handle. Good luck with your decision

Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 PM
Dominant Buck

I have thought of skipping deer season myself Corey. Only because the deer herd around the house is so depleted, its not hardly worth hunting the property, and I am too spoiled to travel to southern Wi to deer hunt. Besides, I have shot a ton of deer in my life. If I don't kill one more, the world will not end for me. Although I might miss being out in the woods. But then, nothing says I can't take my blind out there, set it up and just go out and watch the woods move around me.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

we have our budget cut as far as it can go.

the only way I will go hunting this year, if i get a new privet land to hunt on, the one i been hunting on for years has gone bow only.
Old 06-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I have thought of skipping deer season myself Corey. Only because the deer herd around the house is so depleted, its not hardly worth hunting the property, and I am too spoiled to travel to southern Wi to deer hunt. Besides, I have shot a ton of deer in my life. If I don't kill one more, the world will not end for me. Although I might miss being out in the woods. But then, nothing says I can't take my blind out there, set it up and just go out and watch the woods move around me.

dave, you can go and take care of some tree rats with your 22.

fact of the matter, I could go and do the same thing lol. but i have not small game hunted in 12yrs.

I copied part of my last reply on another site about the same subject matter.
I stepped away from hunting for 10yrs in the past, first season back. I get my first deer. every once and while, sometimes you need to step back from things, get refreshed.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nothing wrong with a private land hunt. I failed in the the regular deer draw, but I still have the option for a PL hunt. So, i'm going to take it.

Better than not hunting for deer this year. I enjoy being out there, and have fun whether I get a kill or not.

I'm thinking of using a PRB in the MR for more challenge, and will have to stay in bow range.

You can do something like that to make it more interesting.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 06-16-2012 at 08:22 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

muley, I thought you got a wolf, or was it the standard accura, or was it a lyman.

so confussed
Old 06-16-2012, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a Wolf which i'll be selling when I get the MR. I sold the GPR, because I didn't really like a flint, but had to try one. I haven't had an Accura V2 in quite awhile.

I usually just have one gun at a time. If I buy one. It means I just sold one. It's a financial thingy.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 06-16-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

that is why am converting my 6-1mm to 1/4-28 threaded nipples. I found a gunshop that is selling 1/4-28 for $3.99, as norm for them, they will take $.50 off the price. by the time you add shipping in at other places. that is an savings and supports locals.

they don't sell 6-1mm at that price if they have any in stock.
Old 06-17-2012, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant imagine not hunting for a season. Thats is something I look forward to the entire year. The thought of being out in a tree on a cool frosty morning. MMMMM I'm getting the urge to rub my head on a tree. Good luck Corey.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.