Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Me thinks its gonna be a good year

Old 05-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Me thinks its gonna be a good year

Two weeks ago my friend and I put out trail cams on the mineral licks we set up earlier in the year to help out the does with their fawns and the buck to help with antler growth. My location has roughly 6 or 7 doe working the lick butno buck. My friend on the other hand however has one doe and 5 different buck. Two of these are going to be real dandys. One has super long brow tines and already has a spread past his ears and really good mass! Probably the same one we saw 2 years ago but neither could sink an arrow in him.
Old 05-28-2012, 01:01 PM
Dominant Buck

Well it is nice to know what is in the area where you hunt. Good luck.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Then I would hunt his spot!!... ...

BPS
Old 05-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

BPS - Knowing him he really wouldn't mind. He is just that kind of guy. And I feel bad for him sometimes because he is a good hunter but he has gotten skunked the past couple of years. Even when he does get close to an opportunity something always changes for the worse. Seems every deer he ALMOST gets a crack at has its 6th sense kick in. He begged me 3 or 4 times last year to hunt his stand and see if I could shoot the big buck he was see there during archery. But I passed. And the Lord blessed me with a nice 8 pt. later in the season.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I will be going up to my hunt camp and setting up my cameras in preparation for the fall hunt. Got a couple of places that I want to scout and place cameras. I have two, but want to get my hands on a good camera with video also. Any ideas for a good camera???

I also want to do some coyote hunting. So far they are out smarting me. I am trying to work a little different. Talked to a successful hunter and he has been using his club deer stands to hunt the crafty yotes. He sets up his mojo in the front of the stand and puts his caller behind him. These damned yotes are mocking me at night when I try to sleep and they are howling in the woods! I shall prevail, gentlemen!! I will.
Old 05-29-2012, 03:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 05-29-2012, 05:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL - way to go Semi. RAFSOB - I'm thinking the same thing. I got a new call myself. I believe a fawn distress call would be dynamite on yotes this time of year. But I'm a bit leary of using it here - especially by myself as we have several bears in the area. And I sure don't need a big black blurr bearing down on me when all I got is a little bolt action .223.
Old 05-29-2012, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

Ya know Semi, I am beginning to think your wife is right.

That fawn should work about now, good call pal. I will try it and who knows, maybe I will get lucky. I know we have a ton of 'em on our property and they need killin'.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you're looking for a camera, you might take a look at Natchez. They have several different factory refurbished cameras for about half of what they were new, and they still have the factory warranty. I just ordered a Primos 7mp cam from them. It should hopefully be in the mail the end of the week.
Old 05-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Up where I'm at the does are just starting to drop their fawns. I've got a pic of one and man is she preggo. Could almost see legs sticking out of her!!! She looked some tired,,,,,if a deer can look tired. lol

HA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.