Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

TC Renegade Interest?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

The more advanced and deadly at long range the inlines become the higher the chance that one fine day they will cease to be defined as muzzle loaders for the muzzleloader season. Then the PRB rifles and the conical rifles will again be top dog and the inlines will fade. It won't happened because some people would prefer it but because the guns that have a limited range are safer where there are large populations.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yea...

I'll second what Bronko, Muley, and Lee had to say. I have several in-lines and shoot them on a rare occasion, but there's something about a sidelock that does it for me. I have three Renegades myself.

BPS
Old 05-15-2012, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
The more advanced and deadly at long range the inlines become the higher the chance that one fine day they will cease to be defined as muzzle loaders for the muzzleloader season. Then the PRB rifles and the conical rifles will again be top dog and the inlines will fade. It won't happened because some people would prefer it but because the guns that have a limited range are safer where there are large populations.
You put a scope on a side lock with a 1 in 28 inch twist and what's the difference? I have a scope on a side lock with a 1 in 48 inch twist that shoots sabots as well as any in line I own. An inline is different in one way, and it's their ability to be loaded with 150 grains of black powder. But as we all know, that is not needed, or even close to the best shooting load for any inline. The performance of black powder will never will never match that of today's gun powders and hence will keep muzzle loaders in the same category as shotguns. Now when you start getting into smokeless muzzle loaders, that is a different story.
Old 05-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Banned

My sidelock with the 454gr lee conical mold darn near out shoots my inline and thats with open sights. Personally the only advantage to inlines is easier cleaning and they fit better.