Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

This weather sucks

Old 05-07-2012, 03:32 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default This weather sucks

Well my plans to go shooting in Sunday crapped out. Drizzling rain most of the morning. So did some work around the house. Decided to take a nap - woke up an hour later and the sun was shining. Gather up all my gear and Mother drops by for a visit!! Stays for a few hours.
Call my friend last night to see if he wants to go shooting Monday. Hes say's sure, after his Dr. appt. Well, before he gets back, it starts a slow steady rain. And the weather report says rain right thru Thursday. Keeping my fingers crossed for this weekend.
Old 05-07-2012, 03:33 PM
Banned

Snowed this morning, raining/drizzling since 11am.

Thats okay, I had a productive day with the new mold and getting my new shooting desk all set up. I love rain.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

Snowed all day here.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

If you think that's bad weather you should have ours my yard is brown and we are watering our plants to keep them alive, its been in the 80's every day and we have not had a decent rain in a month or 6 weeks. They are considering a burn ban. That is not good for this time of year we should be in the 60's and 70's and getting a lot of rain.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Same here Lee, however we did finally get a 2 inch rain Sunday night and Monday morning and it was nice. I have been having to water my corn for over two weeks. Time now to get the ground worked up for soybeans.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:08 AM
Dominant Buck

Weather is real nice here. In the 50's and 60's during the day so you don't need jackets. Although it still drops in the 30's at night so you can't plant the gardens yet. The grass is nice and green. We got a nice rain the other day. The only real pest are the sand flies and the wood ticks. Especially the wood ticks. You have to spray down the pants legs and shoes with deet repellent so they don't crawl up your legs.

To stay in shape I have been working out. I have a physical trainer.. actually he was twice that big but I have cut him down to size. Although he sure makes me sweat it out.

My least favorite machine is the stair stepper.. you walk up and down and just bend and squat. We had three days of rain so I couldn't work out there for a while. But I will beat this machine.

I know I am doing good because I can all ready see results.

I need to get in shape because soon it will be winter again.

Old 05-09-2012, 06:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Cayugad, that the first home exercise equipment I've ever seen that didn't end up as a clothes rack.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a pretty mean looking physical trainer you got there Dave, whew. Do y'all store wood inside?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

We're looking at a drought here, and forest fires. Snowpack is only 15% of normal. Already back in the 70's today.

River should be at the start on runoff, and it looks more like the low flows of October. Not good.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:10 AM
Typical Buck

I used to do it that way Dave I have a fellow that cut splits and loads my trailer for 45 a cord . I can't start a chainsaw for that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.