Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Gun Pictures

Old 03-03-2012, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Default Gun Pictures

It's been a little slow here lately so I thought gun pictures are always fun. At least I like it when you post yours.

I took these pictures and wrote down serial numbers just in case I ever have a problem ( let's hope it never happens ).

TC Omega. My first MZ. Bought it new and overpaid for it at Cabela's before I ever found this site. It shoots lights out with a Powderhorn on top .

A .52 Knight Disc Extreme. Bought it as new, old stock for a great price. It's a nice gun with a Bushnell Banner 2 x7

A 50 Knight Disc Extreme. The laminate stock is so pretty I was afraid I'd bang it up. I bought the T-hole off Gunbroker and love the fit. This is a real good shooter with Deepcurls.

A .45 Disc Elite. I've bedded the stock and have been pleased with accuracy. I'm still working on tightening up the groups. I just bought some 200 SST's to try instead of the XTP's I've been using. I know the silver scope rings look goofy but the Burris FFII has that offset turret.

A .54 White Bison. My only plunger gun. These things are built like a tank. I just have a cheap Simmons on this and some more work to do but it likes a 425 Hornady Great Plains. I'm saving my preference points for a CO Elk hunt and think this may be the weapon of choice.

I sold this Pietta S X S to a forum member. I'm just waiting to ship it out. I enjoyed playing around with it. Check out the Dragon Eyes on the hammer. They're pretty cool.

Almost done. This 50 TC Hawken was a rescue gun. The bore is pitted but it shoots Hornady PA 240's great. It's a keeper and fun to shoot at the farm. I can load 5-7 shots of T7 without swabbing.

Lastly, a 54 Rene. It's a nice gun but I can't get to shoot anything. The bore is nice and clean. I've tried PRB's, REAL's and GP's. It will shoot sabots but I don't need it to do that. More tinkering, I guess.

That's all for me. I love messing around with these guns and appreciate all of the help I've received here on the forum. It's a great hobby for my lifestyle and you help make it fun.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Josmund

Really nice collection... the bug has got you real well... Betcha next year this time you will be showing us an addition or two...
Old 03-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice collection. One is never enough.

HA
Old 03-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

on the 54 Renegade have you tried .535 ball with a ticking patch [I use 18 thou thick] with olive oil or bore butter. This work well in all 3 of mine, I use 110 grains of Pyrodex and groups run under 3 inches at 100 yds.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:39 PM
Boone & Crockett

Lots of nice eye candy there Josmund. Good job with the camera too.

You shoulda` hung on to that double. I have a 12GA SxS Pedersoli. I don't shoot it near as much as the rifles but I'd never let it go. It's a hoot to go out and bust blackbirds and such, and besides - it just looks cool.
Old 03-03-2012, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by lemoyne
on the 54 Renegade have you tried .535 ball with a ticking patch [I use 18 thou thick] with olive oil or bore butter. This work well in all 3 of mine, I use 110 grains of Pyrodex and groups run under 3 inches at 100 yds.
I've tried a .530 ball with a bunch of different patches. I don't think I've ever run it up to 110 grains. Accuracy is OK but I keep blowing the patches with RS & T7. I've picked up a can of Swiss I plan on working with. I haven't given up yet.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice collection of firearms there. And some good photography work as well.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

The Swiss will blow patches like T7 does. The problem isn't the powder.
Old 03-03-2012, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice collection for sure!

That .45 elite is on my wish list...
Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
The Swiss will blow patches like T7 does. The problem isn't the powder.
I suspect it will. I worked the PRB's pretty hard in this gun last summer and gave up. I'd like to make it work but don't know where to turn next.

I'm working on Turkey Hunting now. I may loop back to this gun after I fill my tags.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.