Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Cayugad?

Old 03-02-2012, 02:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Cayugad?

I just ran across this. I'm thinking about getting the gun. Do you have a follow up on the article? Did you take it out to 100yds? Find different bullets that work in the gun etc.?

http://forums.huntingresource.com/to...plains-hunter/
Old 03-02-2012, 03:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

Muley I had a GPH that shot 320 gr REALs into one ragged hole at 50 yds. I believe the load was 80 gr of Goex FFg. I didn't shoot it at 100 because I have a self imposed 75 yd limit with most of my traditionals.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

This was a gun I was thinking about, but I decided to go with the V2 .45 Carlos is selling instead.

It will make a nice deer rifle.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

I have found a few things this rifle shoots real well. But have not gotten out to 100 yards with it. With Powerbelts (which most people hate) this rifle is scary accurate out to 50 yards. 300 grain Hornady XTPs it does a good job also.