Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Knight Disc Extreme Peep Sight Question

Old 03-02-2012, 08:42 AM
Spike

Default Knight Disc Extreme Peep Sight Question

Hey guys, I need some help picking the right peep sight for my KDE. I ordered the Williams WGRS peep sight but I am wondering if I should have gotten the Williams FP. It would appear that the WGRS would be easier to install but the FP seem like it has more capabilities for wind and distance adjustments but harder to install. Another difference seems to be where they mount on the gun. The WGRS looks like it mounts in place of the rear sight where as the FP mounts in the rear scope holes giving you more distance between the peep sight and the front sight. So with that said what is the consensus on which one is better and why? Thanks in advance for the advice.
Attached Thumbnails Knight Disc Extreme Peep Sight Question-williams-fp-peep-sight-mk85.jpg   Knight Disc Extreme Peep Sight Question-williams-wgrs-peep-sight.jpg  
Old 03-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Myself, i don't believe the WGRS would want to be mounted where the rear sight is located. It seems to me it would be mounted using 2 of the rear 3 tapped holes on the rifle. My only worry with the WGRS would be if there is enough elevation adjustment. If the front sight is too high, you may need to shim the WGRS to get it to shoot where you want the bullet to hit.

The FP is what i installed on my Extreme. Following is a link to the thread where i showed how that installation went.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/blac...eep-sight.html

You won't be able to mount the WGRS in the rear sight holes, because they are spaced differently than the scope mount holes at the rear of the barrel.

Last edited by ronlaughlin; 03-02-2012 at 10:09 AM. Reason: hole spacing
Old 03-02-2012, 10:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Ron, regardless of which peep you choose, you want it as far back on the rifle as possible. My Omega X7 came with the WRGS installed right over the breech. Kind of wish I had the FP for the reasons you stated - easier to adjust and more elevation/windage range.

You can call the guys at Willaims for some advice. I did when I was looking for a peep for a somewhat obscure rifle and the guy I talked to was very knowledgeable and helpful.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have both types. Sometimes you need a lower front sight with the WGRS. I mount them in the rearmost holes. The problem with the FP is I compare it to the Lyman and it isn't even in the same league.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:24 PM
Spike

Thanks for the feedback guys! I will have to look into the Lyman sights. I would prefer the WGRS mounting style because it appears to be easier to mount, as long as it sits high enough to hit the target at 100 yards. I have the standard front yellow fiber optic sight on my Knight Disc Extreme so I am wondering that one sits low enough for the WGRS? I don't plan to shoot any further then that. Ron did you have to take a hack saw to the FP sight so that it didnt rub against the stock? Thanks again!

Last edited by jbeaumont21; 03-04-2012 at 08:17 AM.
Old 03-03-2012, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

A disc sander was used to remove the corner off the inside bottom of the slide so it wouldn't contact the stock.