Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

first pics of my work shop. damn it's cold lol

Old 01-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Cory! time will do all you need to be happy and enjoy your new home. Im like Dave, I can shoot out of my shed connected to the house, I just open the window and shoot. But Im not into tons of shooting like a-lot of you, this is just for emergency shooting and sighting in.
Cory dont buy one of them Eden Pure Heaters, the wife and I bought one and sent it right back, the controls on it did'nt work and it SUCKED Electricty, some energy saving heater, yes right! I heat with wood and a wood stove is the way to go. My natural gas is just for the stove and hot water heater, my home is all wood heat. My gas bills here in the north as less than $30 a month and we get lots a cold weather, I love it!
Congrat's on your new home!
(BP)
Old 01-16-2012, 06:25 PM
Dominant Buck

They sell a box stove at Harbor Freight for around $160 bucks. You can cook on it, and in a small shed it would drive you out in no time. I have a friend with a cabin that put one of them in and he can't fire it hot or he's in that cabin with the doors and windows open. Wood is easy to get if you have state or federal land around and a willingness to work. Some counties allow you to take out trees they cut along the sides of roads.

I was going to get one of them heaters Breechplug was talking about and heard the same thing.. they suck heat. Even one of them little heater buddies throws nice heat. And if you're casting, you have the heater off that too. I am sure you will be fine.
Old 01-17-2012, 03:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

i run my pot are 700 to 750degrees. worked in an room about half that size the room started out at 60. light jacket on. after an hour, I was sweeting
Old 01-17-2012, 04:54 AM
Typical Buck

Talking

I agree about never seeming to have enough space. Built 2 work benches in my garage and since they looked lonely, I had to buy more stuff to put on them. Now I could use 2 more.
Old 01-18-2012, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

It always is nice to have a special place you can call your own and do what you like in it. I have plans as well.
As do I! Going to throw the clutter out of the garage, build a work bench and get in to reloading. Congrats on your new space Cory, every man needs his "cave." I should do the same as you and take some before and after pictures.

But don't worry. If you have empty space, clutter will come.
Ain't that the truth!
Old 01-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Fork Horn

You will enjoy having a dedicated place to work on your different projects.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Dominant Buck

As for being cold.... without wind chill it was -24.4šs below zero F. this morning at my place. The neighbor who lives along the river had 28 below. Almost a chip the dogs off the fire hydrant kind of morning.
Old 01-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang Cayugad 24 below. Thats cold enough to freeze the nuts off a polar bear. I really dont know how you fellers handle that cold of weather. One morning last winter when I got off work the temp was 3 above, it was miserable. I drove down to where I hunt on in the river bottoms and it was 5 below there, thats the coldest I can remember here.