Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

going to have an gun shop 200yrds from my new house

Old 01-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default going to have an gun shop 200yrds from my new house

going to be close to one of the gunshops i get most of my wads, bullets for my nagant, and cleaning supplies from. i see me getting in to alot of trouble.

how much are heated dog houses?

they have an wood stock traditions plunger style in stock right now for $150.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

That would be my problem too Corey. I used to help out at a Sporting goods store when I was young. I never made any money because when something nice came in - new or used, I usually took it home with me and the owner just took to off my pay. Most of the time I ended up paying him. But congrats on the new house.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's good and bad. Best bet for you to not need the heated dog house....run down there and see if they need some part time help. Tell them you'll work for merchandise instead of cash.

Then the wife is happy because you aren't spending your familiy income on "unneccessary stuff"....and you can get everything you want at wholesale w/nothing but some time out of your life. Plus they don't have to pay taxes on you as an employee... win/win.

(I did this when I was younger for a couple years...worked about 10-20hrs a week p/t and was able to accumulate ALOT of hunting and shooting stuff that I know I wouldn't have been able to actually spend the money on if I got paid in cash).
Old 01-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I couldn't afford that.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just be happy it's not a Cabela's, but then again they carry Dog House's
(BP)