Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

5 shot group didn't fail!

Old 01-06-2012, 01:43 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
I agree with the rock on the ground part! I figured i will deal with it until i can build a cement shooting table like the NRA has and then put some retainer wall brick around that and fill it with a few inches of gravel.
The range I go to, you shoot thru concrete culverts.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

MD thats some fine shooting. My question is how much praise goes to the lead sled? I have never used one only a sand bag or two.
Old 01-06-2012, 02:44 PM
Banned

the lead sled helps a lot IMO.

My nephew and i were at the NRA today shooting both his Wolf and my Optima at 100 and 200 yards. We were nailing those suckers at 200 with the open sight optima! I love that sucker.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:06 PM
Fork Horn

My nephew and i were at the NRA today shooting both his Wolf and my Optima at 100 and 200 yards. We were nailing those suckers at 200 with the open sight optima! I love that sucker.
I tried a lead sled once and didn't care for it. It felt wierd and uncomfortable having that plate between the shoulder and butt of the gun. It just didn't feel right. I guess its something you just have to get use to. i'll stick with the sand bags.
Old 01-06-2012, 03:10 PM
Banned

Mine feels like a butt pad and is very comfortable. I do see some of the other sleds that sit high, those do look uncomfortable, i just got spoiled with this one though.
Old 01-06-2012, 06:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

good grief her guns are bigger n mine.

Why haven't you chromed that pole shes swinging around? Don't you know she would get a paint chip stuck in her hand?

You got a good wife! Shes more than welcome to drag deer or elk out for me, im just to skinny and weak to do it myself.
Just woke up from my nap, head hurts a little and my eye's kinda hurts. A little advice NEVER Post pics of your Wife if she has no clue it's being done, especially ones of her testing to make sure the support poles in your bacement are good and solid enough to hold up the floor.
She also informed me I was the one who would do all the dragging out of all the deer from now on out, women they cant take a joke........
Back to the Topic, a led sled, never used one. I dont use one while hunting so I dont practice with one. I just use a solid rest like I do when hunting. Something tells me to leave the wife home more when Im sighting in a a good deer, I just have that feeling.
(BP)
Old 01-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Optima huh.......sounds like she's a sweet shooter. Guess I might have to order me one and see if it holds it's own to my Accura V1. If not I think I can rig it so it shoots off about 6 feet for the wife. Im glad she's not a member on here and she has no clue what to expect for next hunting season. I guess she just missed that sucker clean, I dont know what happened.
(BP)
Old 01-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Banned

yeah i love the Optima but once my accura MR arrives i may have a new favorite. I'll be sure to work the heck out the the MR before i do anything crazy with the optima. Just installed a new BH209 plug to try out in this optima so thats another thing on the list.

Biggest deal, teaching my step brother over the net how to shoot the cva wolf i got for him.... Pray for me! Errrr... or him? Pray for my patience, pray for him to smarten up! LOL