Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

5 shot group didn't fail!

Old 01-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

MD, You da Man! a 5 shot group like that at a 100yds with open sights, I would'nt ever sell that sucker either! That's a group I get every once in awhile with my Accura V1 with my Leupold Ultimate Slam MLer Scope set on 6 power at a 100yds.
My Accura is a sweet shooter also, one I'll never sell. I love the Bergara Barrel's Im sure there one of the reasons for the superior accuracy out of the CVA's.
Im trying for a (I dont know what you'd call it when all your bullets hit togeather) mabey a 0" group at a 100yds, but so far I get 3 and 4 touching and one or two that just is a 1/4" away from the other's. When I get em all touching at 100yds I'll post a Pic.
Nice Shooting MD! I'd put My CVA Accura up against anyother Mler for a shoot off, if it did'nt shoot this good I would'nt be using it I'd be shooting something different. I hunt only with a MLer 100% of the time, and if it does'nt give me 100% I wont use it. Too bad there's only a handfull of CVA shooters on here who know what the New BPI is all about.
(BP)
Old 01-05-2012, 06:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jon, it's always a special treat when your mug is in your photos if those targets were at 100 yds, that's some fine shooting.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ya MD, who's taking the Pics?????????
Old 01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Breechplug
Probably his dog ThorBreech i am sure he has a timer delay on his camera..
Old 01-05-2012, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Super job MD....at 100 w/open sights, I agree... you da man! That is some fantastic shooting...
Old 01-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Breechplug
ATV fender holds the camera and then i set the cam for a 10 second delay.

Tomorrow i am going to zero in with the 250 Thors.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:09 PM
Banned

I agree with the rock on the ground part! I figured i will deal with it until i can build a cement shooting table like the NRA has and then put some retainer wall brick around that and fill it with a few inches of gravel.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

MD you need a significant other who thinks your Da Man the way you shoot, mabey you should part with one of them Venison Steaks and butter her up and she'll take them pics
Old 01-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Banned

ahhh, i haven't had a girl friend that enjoyed shooting since 2004. Haven't had a girl friend either that could cook, some tried but failed, so im the one that does all the cooking and shooting. They just don't make 'em like they used to i tell ya! Gotta find one of those cult girls that were trained by their uncles or something

A tripod or the atv trailer will work for now, a lot less of a headache in the long run.
Old 01-05-2012, 07:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
ahhh, i haven't had a girl friend that enjoyed shooting since 2004. Haven't had a girl friend either that could cook, some tried but failed, so im the one that does all the cooking and shooting. They just don't make 'em like they used to i tell ya! Gotta find one of those cult girls that were trained by their uncles or something

A tripod or the atv trailer will work for now, a lot less of a headache in the long run.
No worries MD, I do all the Cooking, but the wife does hunt, and yea she's a good ol Country Girl......but dont mess with her!
The one pic is her by the Gun Safe, dont ask me why she had to do that, the other is showing she can still drag out a Deer, a true Country Girl.
(BP)
Attached Thumbnails 5 shot group didn't fail!-connie.jpg   5 shot group didn't fail!-connie-her-pipes-1.jpg  

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.