Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

offtopic, I hate the deal on the house

Old 12-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default offtopic, I hate the deal on the house

just spent all day at the house we have under contract. as part of the deal for the seller to closing was that we had to do the repairs and touch up painting. still have more painting to do as well to repair an hole in an window.

anyone want to come and help me?

oh yeah, I got paint in jess' hair lol
Old 12-28-2011, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Best of luck on the House Corey and Im not picking on you but how do you fix a hole in the window?
Also Women pay good money to have Highlights put in there Hair, I know My Daughter does Hair, Highlights run at least $100 or more! Jess got her's done for FREE
(BP)
Old 12-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

first trick, super glue.

second trick, you can get an windshild repair kit from an auto parts store. going to try that first. it was too cold do it today.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ummm, Why would you have to fix a house up prior to closing on a condition of sale??? That seem's kind of backwards to me. What will stop him from saying that the repairs are unsatisfactory and see ya later?

HA
Old 12-28-2011, 05:17 PM
Dominant Buck

You are going to buy a house and the seller has you fixing the place up at your expense? Wow never heard of that. I have heard of banks demanding certain things be fixed before the sale of the house can be made. But again, that is normally the seller's responsibility. But have fun.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by HuntAway
ummm, Why would you have to fix a house up prior to closing on a condition of sale??? That seem's kind of backwards to me. What will stop him from saying that the repairs are unsatisfactory and see ya later?

HA
My thoughts exactly!! Never put anything into a house, untill it's yours.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

less then $200 of repairs, I was saying all day. but saves us $3600. one more day of touch up painting, clean up the mess. hope for the best we got it all. all really is some flaking paint.

it is good for me.

trust me, all that yall are saying is in the back of my mind. we do the work. the fha loan is an pain. do all the work, they don't approved. next people that go for the house has less to work with.

Last edited by corey012778; 12-28-2011 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 05:48 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by corey012778
less then $200 of repairs, I was saying all day. but saves us $3600. one more day of touch up painting, clean up the mess. hope for the best we got it all. all really is some flaking paint.

it is good for me.

trust me, all that yall are saying is in the back of my mind. we do the work. the fha loan is an pain. do all the work, they don't approved. next people that go for the house has less to work with.
Thats all we are saying Corey, It may be only $200 but, then you have your time in there as well. I am speaking from experience on this one, I have had it happen. I done some work after we signed the contract and then before closing found out there was a lein on the house. It ended up costing me.
Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

there is no lein on the house. just one of the conditions of the loan there can't be any flaking outside paint, broken windows, and no chipping paint around the out side windows.

it is an paint
Old 12-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Dominant Buck

This sounds like a bank requirement. I have seen sometimes they approve a loan with conditions. And often the bank will up front the repair costs. But the repairs must be made. So it sounds like you're going to be a home owner. Now the headaches really start.

Take from someone that used to own rental properties and homes.. up keep never stops. But if you stay on top of the small things, they don't become bigger things. Good luck with your home. I wish you and your wife the very best.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.