Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Whew, this is tough!

Old 12-27-2011, 12:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default Whew, this is tough!

My friend and I hunted all day yesterday and 1/2 of today (rain set in). We were doing little pushes for each other hoping to get a crack at a deer. The woods are completely dead. Not so much as a squirrel. We even tried another area this morning. Looks like we will be heading somewhere else tomorrow.
Except for the rain today, we can't complain about the weather with the temps in the mid 40s. But it gets really frustrating when you don't even see a tail after miles of ground. A little bit of snow would be nice. Maybe Cayugad could send some down to us!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:53 PM
Dominant Buck

It is trying to snow today.. just light flurries. But I will take that any day over rain. Better luck tomorrow on your hunt.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear you didn't see a deer. I saw no deer today as well. The squirrels were moving pretty well though. It's all part of the game. Better luck next time.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Will someone please post a picture of a deer for those of us who are striking out.
Old 12-27-2011, 02:53 PM
Fork Horn

heres one
Old 12-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I got this four dear so far, but only have this photo:

I got this one first. She was coming into my area during bow. she was traveling with a nice large spike. I have her hanging in our club cooler. A the end of the week, she went to the meat processor. Amd ended up looking like this:

Hey Semi, is this what you had in mind???

Or then again, this is just from our first week of ML season this year. This cooler was full, but didn't have a wide angle lense:

Old 12-27-2011, 04:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

OK, now you're just trying to pi$$ me off.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

My bambi from this past November. I had hunted every day with the muzzleloader but the next to last day I decided I probably wouldn't hunt the following day. So I cleaned the rifle thoroughly and put it away. Next afternoon I decided I would go out and sit for a couple of hours, so I just grabbed my 6mm Rem and headed out. With about 2 minutes of legal gun season left, I decided to take this fellow.

That meant no buck during muzzleloader season and since I don't shoot does here, no muzzleloader season for me. None of that matters except that this is the first deer I've taken with a centerfire for a very long time.
Old 12-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
My friend and I hunted all day yesterday and 1/2 of today (rain set in). We were doing little pushes for each other hoping to get a crack at a deer. The woods are completely dead. Not so much as a squirrel. We even tried another area this morning. Looks like we will be heading somewhere else tomorrow.
Except for the rain today, we can't complain about the weather with the temps in the mid 40s. But it gets really frustrating when you don't even see a tail after miles of ground. A little bit of snow would be nice. Maybe Cayugad could send some down to us!
Sounds familiar to me lol. hunting public land here in ca for high desert mulies is a lesson in patience/frustration and not seeing any deer happens frequently. this and the fact mulies rarely take the same trail and warmer weather is normal when our season opens..welcome to my wolrld
Old 12-27-2011, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I feel for you bronco, being so close to you we've has exactly the same Weather all Hunting Season long, it started last April and May and June, let up for July and August then it seems like it has Rained ever since.
We had a Snowless Hunting Season this year wich is really unusuall for us along with a GREEN Christmas. As I speak it's raing out, but it's suppos-to change to Snow tonight so mabey, just mabey you'll have it for tomorrow.
I cant remember a December so Mild as this one has been, they say Us Northerners wont even get any real Cold Weather untill mabey mid January. I've saved a-lot on the Wood for the woodstove this year but my yard is like a Lake!
Wish you all the Best for tagging a Deer!
(BP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.