Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Teen Shot In Head By Muzzle Loader From Afar

Old 12-21-2011, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ADVWannabee
I have a hard time believing that a muzzleloader can shoot that far. I assume the man who fired the gun was Amish too? If so, he was probably using a sidelock traditional style gun with patch and ball and maybe even real blackpowder. I don't see it shooting that heavy of a bullet with sub-optimal shape that far. But maybe it did? Time will tell when they get the bullet out.
I have known a lot of Amish, and they use pretty much the same hunting equipment as "The English" as they call the rest of us. It easily could have been a modern inline with a pointy bullet, BH209, etc. Just shame....
Old 12-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a shame it happened.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

i happen to speak with an Amish guy at the hardware store about the shooting and he told me about two other Amish that had been shot ,coincidently in the head ,but years apart and in different states. same kinda deal of just being in the wrong place at the right time.