Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I must have deleted the response in my spam folder!!

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by sabotloader
If you do not want to send your current plug in for replacement, then you will probably have to order a new one from Knight and when you have a chance send your old one into Knight for a replacement. Lehigh can not sell you a plug as they are under contract to Knight.

I wish i were home so i could send you the email - i can not remember the email address he sent it to - to get to you but I know we were both on it - me as a CC and you as a sender. He was replying to your email.

One thing he (Dave) did say was the Black Nitrate process was still being evaluated by Knight, as it does add another cost to the plug.
Hey SL, on mine when it sticks it seems to be in the bolt face in the groove. Granted sometimes it is the plug to where I can't open the bolt because it is stuck and other times the spent primer won't fall out of the grooves on the bolt.
Old 12-21-2011, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by onetohunt
Hey SL, on mine when it sticks it seems to be in the bolt face in the groove. Granted sometimes it is the plug to where I can't open the bolt because it is stuck and other times the spent primer won't fall out of the grooves on the bolt.
I have never had that happen. Only the primer being hard to get in the bp or out of it.

I talked to Dave a little thru email last night and he said more or less, it is a trade off. Tight so it shoots cleaner or loose and dirty. With primers being all different sizes, its hard to make a one size fits all. I think I am going to order a new one and compare the two. I would hate to send in the one I have to later find out, I would rather fight getting the primer in and out than cleaning a very dirty gun.

He also said if the black nitrate plug becomes available, it will probably be an accessory and not come standard.
Old 12-21-2011, 09:15 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
I have never had that happen. Only the primer being hard to get in the bp or out of it.

I talked to Dave a little thru email last night and he said more or less, it is a trade off. Tight so it shoots cleaner or loose and dirty. With primers being all different sizes, its hard to make a one size fits all. I think I am going to order a new one and compare the two. I would hate to send in the one I have to later find out, I would rather fight getting the primer in and out than cleaning a very dirty gun.

He also said if the black nitrate plug becomes available, it will probably be an accessory and not come standard.
Thanks for the reply.