Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

couple of scope questions

Old 12-18-2011, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sightron makes excellent scopes. Even their lesser lines are fantastic imo....miles above the competition's lower line scopes. Great glass, great warranty and a very solid reputation. I'm getting ready to buy another one as we speak. For the money, I feel they are hard to beat.

I have never used any illuminated reticle scope of any brand, so I can't comment on them.
Old 12-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Sightron makes a good scope. I am not crazy about the length. I don't like scopes that I have to pull the rear sight to install.
I've never had an issue like this on my guns with Sightrons. The 3-9x40's I have mounted right up no issues...and aren't really any different in length than any of the other scopes I have.
Old 12-21-2011, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

I bought an old stock Sightron SII 3-9X42 and the glass is about the clearest that I've ever seen on any scope.
What's nice about the German heavy post reticle is that you won't lose track of it as easily when the background is dark like in the thick woods.
No matter how good a scope is, if the crosshairs & plex are both too thin to remain visible in the dark woods then the scope creates a handicap that can hinder rapid target acquisition.
I don't care much at all for the electronic reticles that I've seen on the Center Point scopes even though some folks probably love them.

Last edited by arcticap; 12-21-2011 at 02:15 PM.
Old 12-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

thanks for the reply on the german crosshairs arcticap. am really thinking about getting for another rifle.