Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura Mountain Rifle!!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:33 PM
Fork Horn

A better option from CVA would have been to make a fixed barrel Apex. A 25 inch barrel isn't the way to go. Should have kept it at 27... basicly fix the ugly stocks on the Acurra... and you don't need any coating over stainless... really? no freaking point there...
Old 12-22-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by rdpettit
A better option from CVA would have been to make a fixed barrel Apex. A 25 inch barrel isn't the way to go. Should have kept it at 27... basicly fix the ugly stocks on the Acurra... and you don't need any coating over stainless... really? no freaking point there...
Im also one for the longer 27" barrel, I'd even prefer a 28". I also agree on why coat a SS Barrel. My Bergara SS Barrel is fine the way it is. This coating stuff eventually scratches and wears off then lloks like crap.
I'd like to see a Bolt Action, one pice stock CVA with a SS Bergara Barrel.
(BP)
Old 12-23-2011, 04:48 AM
Fork Horn

I got one of the new Encore FXs with the coating... rather have stainless for a few more $$ but it's ok but no reason to put it on a stainless gun... I do like my Apex... the Accura would be fine the way it is if they would put a decent stock (a non-FUNKY one) on it it.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

So just wondering, but has anyone tried putting an Apex stock on an Accura? I can't see them redesigning the entire Accura to make a stock from another gun fit. It might take a shorter bolt but it seems to me all they did was swap a few parts around. If someone has both guns they should try swapping stocks and see what happens.
Just my thoughts.
Old 12-23-2011, 08:47 AM
Banned

Wont fit.

I love that they used the SS barrel and then added the coating over it. I never liked the carbon steel barrel/coating with an SS price.