Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Accura Mountain Rifle!!

Old 12-17-2011, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

The buttstock is a little shorter than the previous models so that probably accounts for the additional weight savings.
Old 12-17-2011, 11:51 AM
Boone & Crockett

Now, now Magic, Muley has been making more sense lately. I guess that medication to quiet the voices in his head is beginning to kick in. In fact I think I may be actually getting used to him being on here and reading his posts with interest.
Old 12-17-2011, 12:04 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:51 AM.

Old 12-17-2011, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by mountaineer magic
That's true. Real quality products usually cost more to manufacture. But sometimes quality is perceived but illusionary. I've seen companies flood the market with cheap imports, get name recognition then start jacking up their prices. Electronics is a prime example. Real Quality versus image of quality is still different. One good thing for other American companies is the fact that a Cva costs $700.00
That levels the field quite a bit. Not that I wouldn't like to try one out but that places it up there with TC and Knight cost wise.
Chet i agree with you 100 % and what impresses me the most about the concept of a mountain M/L rifle is, CVA came up with the idea on there own .it also comes with a adjustable trigger.any company has to provide products that there potential customers want. light weight C/F rifles are in high demand in this country and IMHO that will cross over into the M/L world also.Knight made the inline famous and T/C followed with the pivot action and then the break action. both company's need to be constantly researching new ideas and be in tune with what the people want.unfortunately sticking to tradition can sometimes lead to failure..
Old 12-17-2011, 01:22 PM
Banned

Oh this is good! I was looking through the catalog again and its available with open sights as an option.

.50cal only
Old 12-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
This old carpenter sees a definite advantage to a lighter rifle. The things i did with my body have resulted in permanent wear, and break down. Carrying a heavy rifle brings me all kinda suffering. This month i have been packing a light rifle without a scope. The pain i feel at the end of a hunt is much reduced. One thing i noticed is i don't feel the need to switch shoulders back and forth all day, to relieve pain.

Instead of hitting the gym, my suggestion is hit the range, and practice shooting them light rifle in similar conditions as would be hunting.

My suspicion about this CVA rifle, is it will be priced high end, thus i won't be interested. It is impossible for me to get past the silly belief, a foreign made rifle should be less expensive than one made in USA.
Just came back from the range. My 8 1/2 lb .270 is as steady as a rock.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

Hey that's great, you can put that in this section here. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/
Old 12-17-2011, 04:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by chaded
Hey that's great, you can put that in this section here. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/guns-10/

Maybe someday you'll learn to mind your own business. I wasn't talking to you. I was responding to Ron, not chaded.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
............................Quality is never cheap IMO.
Right or wrong, my opinion is the craftsman in the USA gets a bigger piece of the pie, than the craftsman in Spain. This is the reason i cannot with clear conscience, purchase a Rifle made in Spain for the same price or more, as a rifle made in USA. Of course my opinion is colored by the fact that i myself worked with tools manipulated by my hands, and this is how i fed my family, and my pension.
Old 12-17-2011, 04:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
Hey that's great, i use my muzzle loader during our rifle season. In the timber i used the X7, and out on the prairie this year, i used the 45 disc elite.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.