Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

NRA Time!

Old 12-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Banned

Default NRA Time!

Took the new mountain rifle i got in trade from Chet to the NRA today. I was the only one at the range and so it was nice to let the dog run around and pee on my boot while i was taping up a target Could have kicked him square in the nads for that one.

I started with 90gr pyrodex rs and the 250gr REAL and accuracy just wasn't there. The friggin recoil however WAS there!

I switched over to the 250gr Powerbelt Aerolite with the same charge and shot a beautiful quarter size 5 shot group at 50 yards.

The 250 REAL shot a lot better with an 80gr charge and so i want to try that some more once my wads come in. TOW finally shipped them after 3 weeks.

Spend the rest of my time at the 100yrd Silhouette range and was knocking those suckers off on every shot. It just brings a huge smile when your hear that deep DOONG! and the silhouette goes flying into the air.

I have to Order some Thors and hopefully i'll be on the right track to a good elk load for next season. This lil rifle kicks like a mule. Even on my lead sled my face was starting to hurt.
Old 12-16-2011, 05:24 PM
mountaineer magic

deleted : no longer want to be on the forum

Last edited by mountaineer magic; 01-26-2012 at 09:57 AM.

Old 12-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

yeah the sissy pad is a good idea, just finding one that small might be the hard part.

Im ordering a new accura mountain rifle so the sidelock will be put away after i clean it LOL.