Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Well Guys, I finally have a story!

Old 12-23-2011, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Exclamation

Boy talk about being touchy. I don't think anyone was questioning the weight. And a 150 lb. doe is very big in Virginia, but not out west or other parts of the country!.

Please, I like this place for not being a haven for PC'ers!!!!!

Old 12-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Boone & Crockett

Great and congrats. That is a nice fat doe.
Old 12-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Fork Horn

Very nice doe, and great eating too.

a 1.5yr. old here will run 120 dressed. 140-160 at 2.5-3.5
I live and hunt in Indiana and I took a doe in '97 that weighed 214lbs. field dressed. She was large enough when I went to the check station, the DNR asked if they could weigh and age her. She was 6.5 and as said 214lbs. fully dressed.

To this day she has been the largest doe, I have ever seen. I had a 6.5' bed on my truck and with her ass against the cab, her head stretched to half way out the tail gate with it down. My largest buck was 243lbs. and he was 6.5, as well. Not the best rack but, a big buck.
Old 12-23-2011, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

Nice story and nice Doe. Congrats.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Very nice doe, and great eating too.

a 1.5yr. old here will run 120 dressed. 140-160 at 2.5-3.5
I live and hunt in Indiana and I took a doe in '97 that weighed 214lbs. field dressed. She was large enough when I went to the check station, the DNR asked if they could weigh and age her. She was 6.5 and as said 214lbs. fully dressed.

To this day she has been the largest doe, I have ever seen. I had a 6.5' bed on my truck and with her ass against the cab, her head stretched to half way out the tail gate with it down. My largest buck was 243lbs. and he was 6.5, as well. Not the best rack but, a big buck.
What a Monster Doe Boone, you have any Pics of that Trophy Doe, she must have looked like a horse.
The largest Doe I have even seen was tagged years back where I live by a dear old friend that is no longer with us, his doe topped the scales at 175 dressed, the big head on her was amazing.
(BP)
Old 12-24-2011, 05:13 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
I live and hunt in Indiana and I took a doe in '97 that weighed 214lbs.
That's a Boonedoe.
And by the looks of the OP's doe it a big one also.

I have no idea what my first doe weighed but my grandpap was with me when I shot it at age 12 and he said it was the biggest doe he'd ever seen shot up until the day he died. I would stand with him when he got older on deer drives and I would be plugging away and look over at him just standing there with his rifle still leaning against a tree. He said he had more fun watching me shoot. I could also hear him in the background giving me play by play where I hit them and what the deer did when it was hit. Oh the memories....sorry
Old 12-24-2011, 05:34 AM
Typical Buck

Guys,

I can't help but feel we've strayed a bit here; the main point of my initial post was what a great, successful hunt it was on one of my all time favorite properties-NOT what the deer weighed.
I've harvested quite a few bucks over the years, and although I can appreciate a good set of antlers, it is the memories of the hunt itself I enjoy most.
Here's hoping y'all can appreciate that.
Old 12-24-2011, 06:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
Guys,

I can't help but feel we've strayed a bit here; the main point of my initial post was what a great, successful hunt it was on one of my all time favorite properties-NOT what the deer weighed.
I've harvested quite a few bucks over the years, and although I can appreciate a good set of antlers, it is the memories of the hunt itself I enjoy most.
Here's hoping y'all can appreciate that.
Sorry but sometimes your memories bring back some of our memories too. We All Feel Your Success!
(BP)
Old 12-24-2011, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

...and that was the true spirit of my tale, BP.
Old 12-24-2011, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by 3seasons
...and that was the true spirit of my tale, BP.
Cheer Up, nobody's overlooked your Story, we all read it and have commented on what a Nice Doe she was, we just added a little of our own stories to spice it up and keep the Thread going, otherwise it would be on Page 2 by now, see now your back at the top of page 1 and more can read it
Merry Christmas from the other side of the State.
(BP)