Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

The Good Old Days

Old 12-14-2011, 07:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default The Good Old Days

Before the tree huggers.

Old 12-14-2011, 07:38 AM
Fork Horn

Boy, is that right!!! I took my son through a hunter ed course a couple of years ago. They told us we should cover our deer so, people wouldn't get offended..
Old 12-14-2011, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

Last week, as we drove down the main street of town, between the library and the police station/jail, I looked to my left and said to my daughter. "Oh look, that 10 point buck is curled up and sleeping on the back of that truck." My daughter replied, "With his eyes open, eewwwwgh!"
Old 12-14-2011, 07:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 12-14-2011, 07:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good stuff. I just do it like this....

Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Fork Horn

he must have lost his liscense to a DUI. Gotta give it to him, that is dedication.
Must have killed it with his bike.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Dang....Muley you beat me to it! LOL
Old 12-14-2011, 08:06 AM
Boone & Crockett

The heck with the tree huggers. The last 3 buck I brought home were tied to my open tailgate of my pickup. That's cause there was no room in my bed because my game cart and tree stand and truck box (jumper cables, flares, inverter, etc) took up the space. But I did make sure their tongues were not hanging out...hehehehe.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:14 AM
Dominant Buck

I worry very little what other people think of hunting and me hunting especially. That being said, never forget that anti hunters are out there in force. Many misinformed or bleeding hearts, worried more about the deer then anything else. I often wondered how they would feel about an out of control deer population, (if hunters stopped hunting) if discovered parked by the side of the road, with the front end of their vehicle wiped out in the middle of the night. Or worse yet, after smashing into a deer, in a ditch with major damage to their vehicle, no help what do ever and themselves or heaven forbid a family member serious injured in the accident.
Old 12-14-2011, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
You do realize this picture is not far fetched at all. Where I grew up there are deer everywhere. There has been so much development in the area there is no where for the deer to go anymore. I was in the area hunting this year and saw 2 does walking down the sidewalk in broad daylight and stopping to eat what I assume was crab apples that had fallen from a tree onto the side walk. On another occasion three does crossed the road from a wooded area into a housing project. I stopped to be sure no more were crossing and saw another doe with a nice 8 point buck behind her and 2 more does behind him. They also crossed the road into the project. The people I know that live in that area say the deer are seen walking around the housing projects all the time. At first I found it hard to believe until I saw it for myself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.