Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

New to Black Powder

Old 12-14-2011, 06:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
No, you need to read all the posts.
I did before I made my post. So?
Old 12-14-2011, 06:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I did before I made my post. So?
Then your wrong. I have the book right in front of me. I'm not going to take the time and right down the rules. You live their, if you dont know them by now you never will.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

The OP wants to hunt the ML season. It's right in his post.

You brought up using a ML in rifle season which was off topic.

SO! He can only use fullbore conicals. Just like Jon said, and you claim he's wrong.

Your turn.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Fork Horn

The OP wants to hunt the ML season. It's right in his post.
You brought up using a ML in rifle season which was off topic.

SO! He can only use fullbore conicals. Just like Jon said, and you claim he's wrong.

Your turn.
Like you, I assumed that is what he meant. But, he does not state what season he will be hunting.

And you know better than to agrue with someone that knows, EVERYTHING!!!! or at least he thinks he does.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry i cant explain it any easier. Maybe i will copy the regulation for you. They do a very good job of explaining.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:01 AM
Fork Horn

Muzzle-loading rifles and smoothbore muskets, provided the minimum caliber shall be forty (.40) for all big game except elk and moose. The minimum caliber for elk and moose shall be fifty (.50). All muzzle-loading rifles and smoothbore muskets from forty (.40) caliber through fifty (.50) caliber must use a bullet of at least 170 grains in weight. All muzzle-loading rifles and smoothbore muskets greater than fifty (.50) caliber must use bullets of at least 210 grains in weight.
a. During the muzzle-loading firearms seasons for deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, and moose only lawful muzzle-loaders and smoothbore muskets may be used by muzzle-loading license holders.
b. During the muzzle-loading firearm seasons for deer, elk, pronghorn, bear, and moose the following additional restrictions apply:
1. Propellent/Powders: The use of pelletized powder systems and smokeless powder are prohibited.
2. Projectiles: Sabots are prohibited. For the purposes of this regulation cloth patches are not sabots.
3. Loading: Firearms must load from the muzzle. Firearms which can be loaded from the breech are prohibited.
4. Sights: Any muzzle-loading rifle or smoothbore musket with any sighting device other than open or “iron” sights is prohibited.
5. Electronic or battery-powered devices cannot be incorporated into or attached to the muzzle-loading firearm.

Seems pretty self explanatory to me....
Old 12-14-2011, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Boonechaser
Like you, I assumed that is what he meant. But, he does not state what season he will be hunting.

And you know better than to agrue with someone that knows, EVERYTHING!!!! or at least he thinks he does.
Actually, he does say what season he wants to hunt. He says he wants to hunt during the same time as archery season like he's been doing.

The ML season here is right in the middle of the archery season. It's the only season that is. So, he wasn't talking about any rifle season.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 12-14-2011 at 07:05 AM.
Old 12-14-2011, 07:05 AM
Fork Horn

Let get ready to rummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmbleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Grouse45
Sorry i cant explain it any easier. Maybe i will copy the regulation for you. They do a very good job of explaining.
You can't explain your way out of being wrong, but i'd like you to try. Go ahead. Explain how you can use your sabot in ML season?
Fork Horn

Actually, he does say what season he wants to hunt. he says he wants to hunt during the same time as archery season like he's been doing.

The ML season here is right in the middle of the archery season. It's the only season that is. So, he wasn't talking about any rifle season.

GOTCHA, wasn't sure of your season times. I referenced the MLer regs from the CO site, above.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.