Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Glasbed Knight Disc Extreme 50

Old 12-09-2011, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by ronlaughlin
What happens when i load the bullet/sabot is i push with a right feeling force until the bullet/sabot gets 4 or 5 inches from the powder...........then nothing...............the bullet/sabot lets go, and falls right now to the powder.
That sounds like a bulged barrel.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by flounder33
That sounds like a bulged barrel.
Well, already had shoes on, so took the rifle to the shop, and put a straight edge on the barrel. The straightedge rocks on a spot just a little ways above where the powder would end. The straightedge rocks on both sides of the barrel. Scope prevents checking the top.

It appears it is bulged i guess. May as well remove the scope, and furlough the rifle.
Old 12-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oops. Just remembered there was a new unfired Accura here. Checked the barrel on it, and the straightedge rocks on it too. Them barrel seem to have a transition between the breech, and the muzzle. It doesn't seem as though the barrel is bulged after all.
Old 12-09-2011, 05:06 PM
Fork Horn

I have two disc extremes one 50cal one 52cal I bedded and floated the barrel on the 50 and it cut the groups in half before bedding at around 100 rounds on the gun the groups were opening up to 3in groups at 100 yds so bedding helped big time next will be the 52
Old 12-11-2011, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Today i was up in the hills shooting at water jugs, and also managed to shoot some paper with the 50 Extreme. Range was 199 yard. Load was 300g Deep Curl, 120g BH209, short Harvester sabot, and W209 primer. The shots all felt good; i don't think the rifle and i will do any better.