Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I'll need a video for this one

Old 12-03-2011, 08:15 PM
Banned

Default I'll need a video for this one

As the title says guys, i will have to video me testing the trigger pull on my CVA Wolf.

I was bored and started watching Sons of guns and naturally, you have to pull out a rifle and play with it during the show.

So i grabbed my Wolf along with my gun vise and mounted the Wolf in it. I was just playing around, fondling it and sprayed down a rag and wiped the rifle clean.

Went and grabbed my dry graphite lube and decided to go and give the trigger assembly a few "squirts" of graphite as it really has made a difference on my other triggers in smoothness and weight.

But good lord! I didn't expect to end up with a 20oz trigger LMAO! I weighed this trigger before and it was under 3.5 Pounds when i previously weighed it. I don't know how the heck that Graphite did it but im tearing down the sidelocks at the moment, lubing their tumblers and sears with the stuff LOL. I was going to do the V2 Accura but i think that one is light enough as it is.

I can't wait to shoot this Wolf the next time out. Since i got rid of my thumbhole Optima, the Wolf and V2 will be my main work horses on the shooting range when i need a scoped muzzy.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

I going to try that stuff on my muzzleloaders. I know graphite works pretty good but it's hard to believe that it would make that much of a difference. I never would have thought.
Old 12-04-2011, 05:37 AM
Giant Nontypical

There seems to be a wide variation in wolf triggers there is one person in the club that sent one back he though the thing was broke there is an other that claims his has an excellent trigger. I have heard a number of claims both ways on yhe net.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:25 AM
Banned

i got a good test Wolf at my brother in laws house. I will measure his first and then do the graphite treatment. The Wolf is a great little rifle, especially with a 20oz trigger lol.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:33 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
i got a good test Wolf at my brother in laws house. I will measure his first and then do the graphite treatment.
Yes please do the "test" as I am curious to see how much it changes it.
Old 12-04-2011, 10:46 AM
Banned

well i found some old stuff on my forum and my non thumb hole optima originally broke at 33oz. Its 28oz now.

I wonder if i have some graphite behind the sear thats not allowing the sear to engage fully with the trigger and thats why its so light? I'll have to beat the rifle around a bit and then measure it and see what happens.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:13 AM
Fork Horn

Maybe just me but, there is no way I would walk around with a gun that is loaded and has a 1 1/4 lb. Trigger. Asking for an accident in my opinion.
Old 12-04-2011, 11:21 AM
Banned

Our hawken has a 15oz trigger so the 1 1/4lb trigger is heavy. Plus no one ever walks around with a fully ****ed and ready to go gun.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

My TCPH has a 2lb trigger but as long as the hammer isn't back it is as safe as one with a 4lb trigger.