Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

an shock from another forum

Old 12-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
I have an win apex 45cal which is the same thing as the kodiak. I trigger fills great. I have shot very little bh209 in it. the blow back factor. i may need an new breech plug. try some spraying some oil up into the sear should be able to see it with an good flash light. maybe md's graphite treatment would work too
I just leave the Trigger Assembly Attached, I spray it down with some Birchwood Casey Barricade and Im done with it. I dont Shoot the Crap out of any of My MLers, Once Im Sighted in Im Good, I Load, Hunt, Shoot and Clean. There's usually only one or two shots through it befor a Cleaning. Other than the Befor the Season Sight in Check My MLers are Seldome Shot, there taken apart after each Shot or Two and Look like Brand New at all times. The most times I ever shoot them is if I get a New Scope, then I may Fire them 10-15 Times if that, after that it's 1-2 Shots, Clean and that's it.
In the Summer it's the same way if I go after Wood Chucks, I shoot one or two, then Clean. I have never gone to the Range and just shot, then go again and shoot, or try this and shoot and keep shooting. Once I have My MLer all set up and Sighted in, it's ready for when I need it, one or two shots...it's not a Rifle or a Shotgun where you just go out and Blast away and shoot it a-lot. It's a One Shot, Seldome Shot, Shooting Machine. If I shoot any of My MLers more than 10 Times a Year and that includes checking to see if Im on and then Hunting, then that's a-lot.
Im too busy through the Not Hunting season to just Paly around with My Mlers, as Much as I Love Them I know once there sighted in, I have the right bullett and powder combo that it likes and they shoot 1" groups what more could I ask for.
So far this Hunting Season I Shot My Accura 4 times, I shot 3 times at a target befor the season to see if all was good, it was, then I shot a Big Doe.
It's the same with My Bow, I do shoot it a little more to stay in the Game, but once I know what it likes it's good. If everything I shoot is Perfect Im not one to change anything, you can Buy this or that and try this and that, but once you find what everything likes why keep going....Nothing New will make You a Better Hunter if what You already have is Dead On. No New Powder, or Bullett is going to Bring Down that Trophy You have been after, it's your Skill and a-lot of Luck that will do it. If what you have is Dead why Try and Fix what's Not Broke.
(BP)
Old 12-04-2011, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

should of said with the trigger assembly on the barrel. normally, i just spray the assembly with an break free and rem oil. may switch to spray can kroil for trigger group lubing.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by corey012778
should of said with the trigger assembly on the barrel. normally, i just spray the assembly with an break free and rem oil. may switch to spray can kroil for trigger group lubing.
Got ya......If the Trigger Assembly is suspect to being Dirty I will Sray it with some Carbuerator Cleaner or Brake Cleaner, then Rince, Dry and Oil it.
(BP)
Old 12-04-2011, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

back on topic of the guy with the blue stock, guy is being an real jerk about it now. he is wanting $150 for the gun shipped because of all the "new' parts on it.

back to the sub topic if need be lol
Old 12-05-2011, 03:10 PM
Fork Horn

How about blue wood?
http://www.stockysstocks.com/catalog/standardcolors.jpg
Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I like the ones that have more of wood color look to them. i guess i am just an basic stock kinda guy.