Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

I cant believe this price.

Old 11-07-2011, 04:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by sabotloader
The Range Rod is a Lehigh Product... and to be honest with you a lot of the concept came from Grouse, He emailed and discussed the project with Lehigh. Then Lehigh built it, offered it out to a couple of companies but Knight said yea! first.

That is the story of the birth of the rod.
I understand, but does that include designing a BP for the gun?

I'm just trying to make the point that he gives the impression he's more involved with Knight. More power to him if he is. I've been sponsored in my life on different things, and I love free stuff.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I understand, but does that include designing a BP for the gun?

I'm just trying to make the point that he gives the impression he's more involved with Knight. More power to him if he is. I've been sponsored in my life on different things, and I love free stuff.
The BP is a Lehigh project also - built for Knight
Old 11-07-2011, 04:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a drill stop on my rod as an indicator for the proper seating depth. That rod says a charge height indicator. Is it measuring the powder charge?? Or the bullet??

The indicator also looks like it is a 2-piece indicator. Is it 2-piece?? Is it kind of like the depth adjustment you use on your case trimmer?? Where you lock down then adjust slightly with the second wheel??

What type of metal is the rod made from?? I might try one. Thanks, Tom.

Last edited by HEAD0001; 11-07-2011 at 04:49 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:51 PM
Fork Horn

I wish knight would contact me about that breech plug they sent me that was thrashed
That destroyed several threads in my gun
Old 11-07-2011, 04:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by donjose
I wish knight would contact me about that breech plug they sent me that was thrashed
That destroyed several threads in my gun
You have to contact them... through the phone number they provide on their web site...

Then you need to make up your mind because the last time we talked about it i thought you told me the FPJ that I sent you screwed in just fine and it was my understanding the last time we talked the gun threads were ok but the plug threads were dinged.

Last edited by sabotloader; 11-07-2011 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by HEAD0001
I use a drill stop on my rod as an indicator for the proper seating depth. That rod says a charge height indicator. Is it measuring the powder charge?? Or the bullet??

The indicator also looks like it is a 2-piece indicator. Is it 2-piece?? Is it kind of like the depth adjustment you use on your case trimmer?? Where you lock down then adjust slightly with the second wheel??

What type of metal is the rod made from?? I might try one. Thanks, Tom.
Tom here is a write up i did on the project... i am not a writer so please remember that as you are reading...

Old 11-07-2011, 05:16 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by sabotloader
You have to contact them... through the phone number they provide on their web site...

Then you need to make up your mind because you told me the FPJ that I sent screwed in just fine and it was my understanding the last time we talked the gun threads were ok but the plug threads were dinged.
The first threads going into the rifle are damaged I used the powerstem plug to chase the threads. And installed your plug which was tight as well
Then I cleaned the conversion plug with a file and steel wool . The box I ordered all my stuff from them looked like a two year old packed
It several packages were torn open. My point is I posted my problem with the plug after I had seen others were having problems and no one contacted anyone to contact me.Plus I don't need to talk to a gunsmith again who has no clue.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:23 PM
Fork Horn

And I remember the old company service this wouldn't have gone this far.

And if Knight is really reading this forum my first thread about the rat race I went on, I am sure they would have had someone on this forum contact me as well
Old 11-07-2011, 05:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by zakjak711
I ordered a 45 & a 50!
As did i. Seems to me, this is the first time i ever purchased something that is 'ultimate'.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:29 PM
Banned

hey if Knight is reading the forum,

I'd like to see a carrying case for the range rod. That'd free up one hand.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.