Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

If You Could Start Over?

Old 10-28-2011, 04:57 PM
mountaineer magic

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I'd bring you some game that poachers shot. No need to be a mouse. The cat always wins.
You obviously didn't watch Tom and Jerry when you were growing up.

Old 10-28-2011, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have a few regrets, but do have 3 fantastic daughters...

There are a few ladies I might would have treated a little differently...

My biggest regret was leaving John Deere after 13 years, but I was given an ultimatum
by the wife...I was travelling about 130 nights a year and being moved every 4 years or so...I looked at it as more opportunity, responsibility and money...She looked at it as me not being there to help raise the kids...Well, now I've been here the past 21 years but she complains about lack of money...Kinda hard to win that kind of fight...It's also been a burr under my saddle wondering where I'd be now...Most of my buddies have retired and doing well...I'm still busting my butt trying to make a living...
Old 10-28-2011, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been pretty lucky in the jobs area. I have had some physical problems in the last few years. But that is just life.
If there was two things I could do different this is what I would do different.

First I would take better care of my health at an earlier age.

Second I would save 15 cents of every dollar I ever made.

Al my working life I saved 10 cents of every dollar I ever made. And that alowed me to retire at the age of 40. If I would have saved 15 cents of every dollar I ever made then I could have probably worked 4 or 5 less years.

If I could sneak in a third then I would have relied even more on what a good boss of mine told me once a long time ago. "Don't work hard in life, work smart". Tom.