Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Powerbelt vs Barnes

Old 10-25-2011, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by builder459
Lord, please forgive Jon, for he knows not what he does..you keep using that junk, better you than me nuff said..
Dead is dead. Even with that junk.

I assume you have lots of experience with PB's?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Banned

dats right. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Even did some experimenting today with them which turned out bad lol.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
dats right. We all have our likes and dislikes.

Even did some experimenting today with them which turned out bad lol.
80gr didn't work?
Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Banned

Oh i havent tried 80gr yet. I was doing an experiment with the base of the bullet which seemed to have increased the velocity as it left my hand tingling, but my accuracy poor.

Im on my last can of BH209 so im saving the 80gr accuracy test for tomorrow if the cold weather allows me to shoot.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

So called big snow storm tomorrow.

I drove up to Tin Cup (11,000ft) today, and it was snowing pretty hard. I saw some hunters that looked like snowman.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
I understand that, but in the Barnes test it didn't expand at all with low fps. It was an older PB too.

I'm just saying. If the PB is exploding. Slow it down.

I have a doe tag left. I'm going to try an Aerolite with only 80gr of BH. Lets see how it does.
slow it down? why not use a bullet that you don't have to worry about with any reasonable powder charge at any acceptable M/L range. IMHO, your thinking backwards lol.. you go ahead and use the Aerolite. it's your $ old timer.. nuff said.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by builder459
slow it down? why not use a bullet that you don't have to worry about with any reasonable powder charge at any acceptable M/L range. IMHO, your thinking backwards lol.. you go ahead and use the Aerolite. it's your $ old timer.. nuff said.
The point is. It's not my money, so i'll try them.

It's just a doe.

Slowing a bullet down to work is not such a bad deal. Better than having to use magnum loads to make it work.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

What do they do, put powder inside that bullet to make it explode???

Bullets don't explode...The might, mushroom, fragment or do may other things but
they don't explode on impact...

Now, artillery shells, that's another matter...
Old 10-26-2011, 02:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter

It's just a doe.
I hate it when someone uses this term...I had a fellow say this one evening after shooting a doe and make a half hearted effort to retrieve her...I made him go back and show me where she was and which way he thought she went...Well, she went about 250 yards and it took me 2 hours to track her...He was whining like a 12 year old the whole time, couldn't understand why I would spend so much time when it was "Just a doe"...

I haven't invited him back...

Don't be so flippant about taking a doe...It should be done quickly and efficently...
Old 10-26-2011, 03:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by nchawkeye
I hate it when someone uses this term...I had a fellow say this one evening after shooting a doe and make a half hearted effort to retrieve her...I made him go back and show me where she was and which way he thought she went...Well, she went about 250 yards and it took me 2 hours to track her...He was whining like a 12 year old the whole time, couldn't understand why I would spend so much time when it was "Just a doe"...

I haven't invited him back...

Don't be so flippant about taking a doe...It should be done quickly and efficently...
That's one of my pet peeves as well.

MD, we all know you're free to shoot whatever you please. I guess I just don't understand why after your experiences using the Thors you'd even consider using a PB anymore.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.