Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Another Reason

Old 10-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Typical Buck

Tag 24.00
gas for three trips 150.00
processing fee 110.00
Misc. Sundries 20.00

304.00 per approx. if lucky, 50 lbs. of boneless meat = 6.08 a lb. I can buy some steaks for that, on sale at the local Kroger. I average a deer about every three trips, is how i figured gas. I do process my own but, alot of hunters do not. It has to be a sport and someone enjoy it, because it gets exspensive when you add it up.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Dominant Buck

Now see if I was like in Falcon's shoes.... I'd be living fat off the hog. It would be all I would eat for meat. I don't care what it costs to hunt. But in the last few years, I stick pretty close to home. And I hate to say this.. its not important if I get one or not. I just like being out in the woods. But the deer is a bonus without a doubt.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

It's not going to pay off with those skinny little whitetails.

You need some elk boys!
Old 10-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Muley Hunter
It's not going to pay off with those skinny little whitetails.

You need some elk boys!

I agree, my brother keeps trying to get me to go hunting with him, he lives in Utah. But if i remember right, a out of state tag is like 1200.00 bucks. still not worth it.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:08 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by cayugad
Now see if I was like in Falcon's shoes.... I'd be living fat off the hog. It would be all I would eat for meat. I don't care what it costs to hunt. But in the last few years, I stick pretty close to home. And I hate to say this.. its not important if I get one or not. I just like being out in the woods. But the deer is a bonus without a doubt.
There are some many hogs down here you get to the point you run out of freezer space then you run out of people to give the meat too
Old 10-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
I agree, my brother keeps trying to get me to go hunting with him, he lives in Utah. But if i remember right, a out of state tag is like 1200.00 bucks. still not worth it.
I think Montana is $900 too. Colorado is a bargain at $550 now.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by donjose
There are some many hogs down here you get to the point you run out of freezer space then you run out of people to give the meat too

No kidding... I bet that would be fun to hunt them when ever you felt like fresh pork... Good way to test bullets too.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

When it comes to hunting I am a cheapskate. I usually hunt within walking distance of our home but sometimes will drive a few miles to my cousins place. We do our own butchering so that is basically free and to me the butchering is a big part of the whole experience. So for us the meat is a bonus.
Just don't figure the cost of my rifles into the equation, they are an investment.
Old 10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by EndeavorShooter
Utah's deer tags with the license are a little over $300.00 for OOS folks.elk are quite a bit more.my buddy was hunting Utah this weekend and took a really nice muley..
Old 10-23-2011, 06:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

My Louisiana resident "old fart" license for big game/small game/turkey/waterfowl/freshwater fish/saltwater fish, etc. is $5.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.