Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

A new thread for the Muzzle Loader TEAM Contest

Old 10-05-2011, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default A new thread for the Muzzle Loader TEAM Contest

I started a separate thread for the Team Muzzle Loader Contest. Captains were drawn at random. If you wish to be the captain, simply copy your team post and re-post it in the team contest thread. This will mean only the team captains can edit their teams scores and picture posts. This can be done by copying from the individual muzzle loader contest or from the new team contest thread. As Captains start their team threads, I will edit out my posts for that particular team. If you do not wish to be the Captain, I will draw another name for your team.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:03 PM
Banned

seriously, if we get any more areas that we need to post in, i will be withdrawing my interest in this contest. Its getting a little out of hand with areas to post in and down right confusing.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
seriously, if we get any more areas that we need to post in, i will be withdrawing my interest in this contest. Its getting a little out of hand with areas to post in and down right confusing.
I was told to do this. Maybe I am misunderstanding. I thought the original format with both the individual and team entrants was fine.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:29 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Hopefully soon we will have a sub forum where all these contests and team threads can go and be in one spot.

JW
Old 10-05-2011, 06:38 PM
Banned

yeah a sub forum would be great just for contests.

The doe points have me concerned because some states you can hunt 4+ doe and doe are a heck of a lot easier to find than bucks, at least in Colorado - New Mexico they are. I figured a doe shouldnt be worth the same 50 points as a buck.
Old 10-05-2011, 06:44 PM
mountaineer magic

yeah a sub forum would be great just for contests.

The doe points have me concerned because some states you can hunt 4+ doe and doe are a heck of a lot easier to find than bucks, at least in Colorado - New Mexico they are. I figured a doe shouldnt be worth the same 50 points as a buck.
Does are 50 points but bucks are 50 points per antler tip so it would take 6 does to equal your 3 x3 . Your buck should equal 300 points. Unless I am missing something

Old 10-05-2011, 06:51 PM
Banned

yeah i wasnt sure if we were going by 3x3 or 6 point standards either.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah i wasnt sure if we were going by 3x3 or 6 point standards either.
I was going to ask if that deer had a total of 3 or 6 points. Your score is 50 points for every point on the antlers you can hang a ring on. Kickers, stickers, forks, drop tines, whatever. One ten point would be worth 500 points. That's worth 10 does. I think that's about equal, don't you? Be sure you can hang a ring on that little brow tine, if you can, count it. When you change your Individual Points for the deer, I will change your team score to match it.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:17 AM
Banned

yep that sounds good. My buck was a 3x3 so thats 6 points total = 300 correct? Good this happened as it clears some stuff up for any others t hat come by and and are wondering.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I hope I shoot a buck with like 30 little sticklers on the rack...the 1,500-pt buck.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.