Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

As Darth Semisane would say....

Old 10-05-2011, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Yes it is. Now I just have to sight her in.
I asked santa for a .45 cal LRH barrel for my old renegade and SHE said ok and it will have a scope mounted on it i might even camo the stock
Old 10-05-2011, 07:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Muley, if your intent has been to just joke around a little you should have realized by now that for some reason it's not working. Maybe it's your timing, or choice of words, or choice of subjects - but it's not working as humor because people don't see them as humor. Too many people read your comments as just being disagreeable. Of course, if your intent is to stir up antagonism you have a knack for it. But it's hard to tell your intent and your current approach is getting old.
Old 10-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe this will help. I consider hunting and shooting as a hobby.

I try to have fun with my hobbies. I NEVER get so serious about it that i'm upset. I will get upset with people who get personal with me. If someone can't debate with me about guns, ammo, or hunting without calling me names. I'll lose patience.

In person. I'm always joking around. I'll bust chops in a friendly way. It's hard to understand on forums sometimes.

Here's what happens. I start out joking, or maybe busting chops. It's taken the wrong way, and I get a personal response. Calling me something that probably isn't true, but is from some past misunderstood thread. Then others will jump in figuring I must be wrong, because others have joined in against me. Of course by then i'm not joking anymore, and that's all anybody remembers. Even though the whole thing stated in a light manner.

So, from that point on. If I disagree with anybody for the slightest reason. I'm the idiot. Even if I have a point.

Cripes! That whole thing sounded whiney. That's not like me. I don't usually bother to explain my side of it. I just shrug it off.

I shouldn't hit the submit button. This will give me crap for life.

Oh well. Have at it guys.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:22 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well the scope didn't last long. It may have looked cool but it just would not hold zero. I fired 6 shots and although each one hit paper, they were never in the same vicinity. Good thing I didn't take off the iron sights. Took the scope off at the range and proceeded to fire 3 XTPs into a little cloverleaf. But boy those V notch sights are getting tough. Guess I will have to get me another T/C tang sight. Makes life and accuracy much easier.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

That's a shame Bronko. I've seen mention about those style scopes being difficult to get zeroed because of the external windage and elevation adjustments. But don't recall anything about them not holding zero. What do you think it is? Loose internals or too weak a mounting system?
Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bummer, I wonder what it is.
Old 10-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

Truth be told. I thought it looked pretty good on the gun.

Too bad it didn't work.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Boone & Crockett

It had to be something internal. The scope was installed by a master gunsmith in my area. The bases were tight as was the front dovetail and rear elevation screw. And the tube was crystal clear. And it was a shame because it was very easy to acquire a target which surprised me. But that is probably also do to the fact that the stock fits me well. Now I have to go down to him and get 4 plug screws to fill the holes.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did the scope have modern internals?
Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

No it didn't. Windage was adjusted by moving the front left or right in the dovetail and lock in place with 2 set screws. Elevation was made using an adjustment screw with a lock ring on the rear mount.
Another possibility, which I doubt, could have been the rings themselves. They are not flat inside like modern rings but tapered to be highest in the center to allow the scope to "pivot" during adjustment.But when you lock them in, the scope can't move.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.